Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is injector cleaner recommended for our cars? An old guy I met at auto zone advised it. Lucas injector cleaner.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lucas is ok but spend the extra cash for a bottle of seafoam....always a good cleaning and usually i notice my mpg increased since i do a bottle every 25k miles

·
Registered
811 Posts
lucas is ok but spend the extra cash for a bottle of seafoam....always a good cleaning and usually i notice my mpg increased since i do a bottle every 25k miles
How does the sea foam process work and how much is it? My stang has 85k and im sure its never been done.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you can either clean through your vacuum line or just pop the bottle in the gas tank..if you wanna try the vacuum way (which cleans pretty dang well) watch youtube and you can see step by step vids.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! The old guy worked there and he would not shut up about how he used to pamper his mustang. I just wanted to make a purchase and leave. I bought the Lucas so he could leave me alone. He rung me up and followed me right on outside... He called another guy over and they talked for about 20 minutes. On the way home, I was wondering if the Lucas really worked. I remember STP injector cleaner burning some plugs in my MX6 back in the day.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I also highly recommend seafoam, had a slight rough idle, ran seafoam through my vacuum line and gas tank, not only is my idle smooth as can be now, but it increased my MPGs enough to notice a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts