Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Did read the article in the useful info about injectors. But that was like reading German.

Im just wanting to know roughly what size injectors I would need. I have a 95 5.0 with CAI, flowmaster X-Pipe and a cam.

Idk what size cam or what else may be done to car. Or how to check all that stuff.

I'm trying to learn all these things so excuse my ignorance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Can't say I totally agree with your chart. But it's a start. My ink to HP rearing compared to FI scale is off. Besides I in NA. Wrong car or manufacturerer, or something
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
LAS97GT said:
Can't say I totally agree with your chart. But it's a start. My ink to HP rearing compared to FI scale is off. Besides I in NA. Wrong car or manufacturerer, or something
should be a good ball park for someone that doesnt know. :good:


also op. dont forget you need matching maf for whatever size injectors you go with.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
I Did read the article in the useful info about injectors. But that was like reading German.

Im just wanting to know roughly what size injectors I would need. I have a 95 5.0 with CAI, flowmaster X-Pipe and a cam.

Idk what size cam or what else may be done to car. Or how to check all that stuff.

I'm trying to learn all these things so excuse my ignorance.
Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
I hate iPhone, changes words by auto correct. Glad you got my meaning. The chart has ratings that are off for NA motors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trojan Horse said:
Without knowing what else is done to the car, it is hard to say.
Whatever you have now, must be working?
Runs fine. No sputtering or anything.

Is there a way to test the pressure on my current injectors?

And even though u do not know much about this stuff would 42 pounds be to much?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
Matt95GT said:
Runs fine. No sputtering or anything.

Is there a way to test the pressure on my current injectors?

And even though u do not know much about this stuff would 42 pounds be to much?
if your mostly stock i would stick to 19 lb injectors. you wouldnt be even able to run 42 lb injectors without a new maf and 500$ tune. even then you probably would just flood out and not be able to start it. even with full hci you wouldnt need more than 30s. but i wouldnt even put 30s on yet until you have upgreaded our hci (heads cam intake).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dreamstang said:
if your mostly stock i would stick to 19 lb injectors. you wouldnt be even able to run 42 lb injectors without a new maf and 500$ tune. even then you probably would just flood out and not be able to start it. even with full hci you wouldnt need more than 30s. but i wouldnt even put 30s on yet until you have upgreaded our hci (heads cam intake).
I have the intake and cam just don't know about the heads. I do plan getting the abaco mad though and a full tune at the beginning of next year. Guess that'll give me an idea of what my car has?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
Matt95GT said:
I have the intake and cam just don't know about the heads. I do plan getting the abaco mad though and a full tune at the beginning of next year. Guess that'll give me an idea of what my car has?
See if you can find some numbers on the heads. Are they aluminum? What size injectors do you have now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LAS97GT said:
I hate iPhone, changes words by auto correct. Glad you got my meaning. The chart has ratings that are off for NA motors.
I know what mean! I meant abaco MAF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
Well I don't know 100% either but from the speed shop I use and the guys that work there that showed me the chart , I can't argue it!!

I had 24lb injectors with my bored motor and HCI, the 24lb injectors were maxed out at 5000rpms so I bumped up to 30lb injectors and I can run to 7000rpms before max!

So I'm sure the chart is close but nothing is 100% untill you hook up to a dyno and see what you need!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Hi folks, the injector chart didn't make sense to me till I went 24 w/out FI. It's ok for NA apps, but it was really over kill to some degree. Real pros will tell you to stick with the appropriate inj size till you exceed their capability in HP, meaning more HP gain with increased fuel delivery. Example, SOHC can handle 30s an more with a supercharger, but with that bring necessary improvements to deliver the fuel. I am putting down 270+ and 19s could do the job, but I have upgrades in mind.
Best up: 24s won't increase fuel consumption, but in my opinion, best mileage is gained at higher RPMs, kinda like 4 bangers. Weird!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

WhiteCobra94 said:
Here is a chart of what injectors with the horsepower your car has or future goal!
Is this charts HP measured in RWHP? It makes sense in that arena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
LAS97GT said:
What up AZ! Hey, sorry to go off topic, but you in a car club in NC, right? Your link is on FL web site. What do I need to join? Sry all, my private msg is full. Can't delete w/out laptop, using my phone.
Press and hold the message you want to delete like you would deleting an app
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Actually forget that I just tried it and it doesn't work. That's the way you delete messages on another forum app that I belong to and they look the same so I thought it would work, sorry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
LAS97GT said:
Hi folks, the injector chart didn't make sense to me till I went 24 w/out FI. It's ok for NA apps, but it was really over kill to some degree. Real pros will tell you to stick with the appropriate inj size till you exceed their capability in HP, meaning more HP gain with increased fuel delivery. Example, SOHC can handle 30s an more with a supercharger, but with that bring necessary improvements to deliver the fuel. I am putting down 270+ and 19s could do the job, but I have upgrades in mind.
Best up: 24s won't increase fuel consumption, but in my opinion, best mileage is gained at higher RPMs, kinda like 4 bangers. Weird!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------



Is this charts HP measured in RWHP? It makes sense in that arena.
The charts are measured for Flywheel HP
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,195 Posts
What up AZ! Hey, sorry to go off topic, but you in a car club in NC, right? Your link is on FL web site. What do I need to join? Sry all, my private msg is full. Can't delete w/out laptop, using my phone.
Actually, I'm in Indiana. I haven't joined any clubs, just cause my schedule is pretty full. Haha! I wish I was further south. It's supposed to be highs in the 50's for the next week or so. I like the cold, just not looking forward to driving my ride in the winter.:(
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top