Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 3.8 base... My injectors are not functioning at all. I'm getting fuel pressure all the way up to the rail, but the injectors are not allowing fuel through. Please someone give advice I'm new to this forum it's my last resort my car has been out of commission for about a month, thank you.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
are they just clogged and sputtering or no fuel at all? you can either A. suck Seafoam straight into that upper with the vaccum line off the brake booster (not too much at once) B. pull the injectors put them in a bowl and fill the bowl with seafoam..let them sit overnight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i should have been more specific, i already tried replacing the injectors so i know its not the injectors themselves. it has to be something electronic controling the injectors. I've checked all the fuses. as far as i know there is no relay specifically for the injectors on the 96.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

By the way thank you for your time guys.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I guess i should have been more specific, i already tried replacing the injectors so i know its not the injectors themselves. it has to be something electronic controling the injectors. I've checked all the fuses. as far as i know there is no relay specifically for the injectors on the 96.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

By the way thank you for your time guys.
So, you have pressure at the rails. You have new injectors, but they are not operating. And you are getting a trouble code? I'm just curious if there is something else that is malfunctioning that is causing this to happen. We don't want to replace something that is working fine. Have you performed any tests that would confirm you are getting power to the injectors?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Just checked, no power getting to injectors, damnn itttt
Sorry, that sucks. Did you test with a noid light? The light will flash when voltage is present. If your not getting voltage, maybe your wire harness is damaged somewhere. Could be something wrong with the PCM. Maybe the crank sensor or cam sensor are malfunctioning and making it so the PCM is not calling for fuel from the injectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im having trouble locating the crankshaft sensor, any clue where its at? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your time everyone, i took it to my mechanic today I just don't have the time to chase electrical problems right now wish me luck though haha

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Thank you for your time everyone, i took it to my mechanic today I just don't have the time to chase electrical problems right now wish me luck though haha
Cool, totally understand that. Gook luck. I hope it's something simple where we can all go "ah, I shoulda thought of that".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts