Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was goinh to go to the local pull a part this weekend. But I was wondering if any of y'all know if the injectors on the early 90s 5.8 broncos had the 24# injectors and could u use the maf sensor for it if it had the 24s. I'm on a tight budget thays y trying to work around it instead of buying all new.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what would I need to do buy the aftermarket one or do something in the computer. I've read u can do either one. But idk which would be the cheapest

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. Do u know how much that is . And do u know if there is any horsepower gain in switching it over to 24s. Or is just for must for a turbo or supercharger

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stock MAF sensors are not calabirated they are only sensors that relays a signal. But you can buy aftermarket maf that are. All they do is trick the ECM and for around the same price you can get a mail order progaram from SCT Ive heard good things about them but have no first hand exp. IMO you see any gains fron just bigger injecters as the 19s are good up to 300 hp and no matter how big you put on your motor your ecu will only do what it's programed to do. You need a good tune IMO

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm getting ready to put gt40 heads and the gt40 upper and lower on soon. But I think I'm going to hold off on the injectors amd the maf. All I'm looking to acheive is about 300 horse anyways. I have coldair, headers, hpipe , flows and 410 gears and it has a 99 model t5 in it. I've heard that's some of the strongest t5 they made. So do y'all think after I put the u/l intake amd the heads that I may be close to 300?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I would like to go ahead and put them on while I have it apart. But I'm thinking I'm goinh to try to get a 95 cobra computer so that way it will be calbrated for the injectors that way. So I don't have to mess with the maf. Could I just buy a aftermarket cobra computer from like autozone or would I need the cobra chip also to put in it ? I've bought computers b4 but I don't think they come with chips in them. I think u had to switch your stock factory chip into the new computer. But I'm not for sure. Can u shed Any light on that subject

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would prob atleast get them even if you wait till later to put them in. Yea you could get a cobra ECM but on the 94-95s there programing is even worse than the GTs but I would make everything work as it should. IMO. I would spend that money on a tune that's up to you long as your happy with your setup that's what matters. Personaly I'm about bang for your buck so I would get a cobra MAF after market 70mm throttle body 24 pound injectors and a tune. You should be well over 250hp range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes stock cams are great cams but not good for alot over 300hp and 5500rpm but still good cams. But if you have a budget for one I would most deffinitely slap one in while it's down. But do some research before you buy one there's a lot more to them besides high lift and sound. I know the steeda #19 is a super cam that works great with the 94-95 ECM I'm sure there are others just as good

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind. Do y'all know if the v8 explorers came with the cobra cam also ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts