Mustang Evolution Forum banner

281 - 300 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I might need to take it out and see what its at but mike tuned it so Im just shifting at what he set it at. I know my factory shift light comes on for about 1 sec then it shifts.

Never been in an auto before but the autos have tachometers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
575 Posts
No mine is one of the rare ones that doesn't have one. Mine is in the trunk. My car is also a turbo diesel. And truthfully im not really interested in your comments so feel free to not answer my questions. I like to stick to dudes who seem to know what there talking about.(ie grabberblue5.0, Rapinator) This thread has over 280 comments and lots of them are people who think the Boss is not better. Every guys car is different as far as mods therefor the boss might be good for others but is it good for me? CA resident with cats & stock headers. From what I read supporting mods are what makes the boss really use its potential and help with loss in TQ down low. So you can act like im some dumb ass asking a dumb question or you can be like some of the other dudes who help and know what's best with the info I give. Ive driven my car 15 miles sense final tune so NO I don't know the precise RPM it shifts but I thought the 3 times I did drive it that it went to 7400. The car is down right now due to ****ty Eibach coil overs so I cant drive it to see right now. OH and im type O- if you need to know more info lol

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
No mine is one of the rare ones that doesn't have one. Mine is in the trunk. My car is also a turbo diesel. And truthfully im not really interested in your comments so feel free to not answer my questions. I like to stick to dudes who seem to know what there talking about.(ie grabberblue5.0, Rapinator) This thread has over 280 comments and lots of them are people who think the Boss is not better. Every guys car is different as far as mods therefor the boss might be good for others but is it good for me? CA resident with cats & stock headers. From what I read supporting mods are what makes the boss really use its potential and help with loss in TQ down low. So you can act like im some dumb ass asking a dumb question or you can be like some of the other dudes who help and know what's best with the info I give. Ive driven my car 15 miles sense final tune so NO I don't know the precise RPM it shifts but I thought the 3 times I did drive it that it went to 7400. The car is down right now due to ****ty Eibach coil overs so I cant drive it to see right now. OH and im type O- if you need to know more info lol

Type O thats universal blood donor right? Lol

You got me though. Yeah I was a bit snarky in my replies. My bad.

Seriously though Roush was right. You probably shouldn't get it cuz unless your constantly above 6500 there's not reason at all to have a change in manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will it fit with my airaid intake? And do i need to buy the installation kit or you cam do it without it?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
How exactly would i place the hose, i dont see the part on the installation, i would highly appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
241 Posts
Why is it nobody has the engine cover kit for the boss manifold, I'm putting it in Saturday and can't find the sound defining foam that goes on the fuel rails.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Because it like $100 - something dollars for it lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
105 Posts
Would my BBK intake fit the manifold ?

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Lethal Performance Off-Road X-Pipe (kept my cats on)

DMH Performance Electric Cutouts

Flowmaster AxleBacks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I couldn't hold out any more and bought the Boss 302 intake manifold for my 2014 Mustang 5.0 Auto. Only other upgrades I have is a Steeda CAI + Tune and rear LCA's. I got it installed and the car felt good but when I looked at the datalog one thing has me a little worried. The knock sensor was adding timing and the spark advance got to 32 degrees at 6600 RPM. The temperature was a cold 40 degrees so that might have helped a lot. Last time I looked was with the stock intake and it was over 70 degrees out, only 25 degrees of timing.

This was with a MPT tune, I still have a Steeda tune to run. Should I be worried about how much timing advance there was? I run 10% ethanol gas.

Sorry for my Camaro photobombing the picture, car doesn't hide very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I am having issues getting the Airraid CAI lined up right. I took out the bolt holding the box to the wheel well. I can now tighten the clamp and it all comes together but seems like the stock outside air inlet and radiator shroud are preventing the Airraid CAI from being bolted down. Anyone experience this and have a suggestion?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Might need to get with airaid and see if the can send you the special coupler they used on the Boss. I ordered the special tube from Steeda since mine wasn't lining up right and it looked goofy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Might need to get with airaid and see if the can send you the special coupler they used on the Boss. I ordered the special tube from Steeda since mine wasn't lining up right and it looked goofy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
thanks man I appreciate the input. Gonna get with them now.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Silicone Coupler ordered. Should make everything nice and snug perfect

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had a shop install my Boss Intake and BBK throttle body. I have tunes from BAMA for this. The car is stalling ocassionally when I pull up to a stop light. I have a manual and seems to happen when get close and throw in neutral and not when downshifting. It takes a couple turns tog et it to start back up and smeels of gas even when windows up. Everything seems to be fine under hood. The mechanic has done all my stuff and has a good rep. He did say that there was a wire harness/clip that the original manihold used the boss does not? Anyone know if this is accurate? Other than that the only thing I can think of is that it is tunes. I also feel some increase in power. Definitely notice a quicker throttle response but I do not feel the big pull at 3500-4000rpm that most people report with the Boss

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Data log the tune and send it to Bama. But in the end you'd be better off going with a different tuner. I'm not sure what you mean about the different wire harness?

I would also go back to the stock throttle body. Why everyone continues to think they're is any benefit with one is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Data log the tune and send it to Bama. But in the end you'd be better off going with a different tuner. I'm not sure what you mean about the different wire harness?

I would also go back to the stock throttle body. Why everyone continues to think they're is any benefit with one is beyond me.
I have ordered an MPT tune. I wanted to be able to compare the two. Called BAMA and they gave me an idea. Said a sleeve in the airraid CAI might still be in there supposed to be gone and that might be doing it. If not going to datalog.

According to the mechanic there were two different wire clips going into the old TB and intake but only one attached to the new set up? I will try for pics tonight if there idea doesnt work

281 - 300 of 357 Posts