Mustang Evolution Forum banner

301 - 320 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anybody also ever gotten a squealing noise after messing with the manifold? I'm getting one only at a certain throttle position. When I torqued the manifold bolts down I went off the FRPP instructions and did 89 in-lbs and then 90 degrees. I see everybody else just does the torque part, so I'm wondering if mine are over-tightened.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Is he mistaking the EVAP solenoid plug for one that works with the throttle body?
There were 2 wire clips close together. One went to throttle body and it is attached to it. The other is in picture here.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is the wires for the fuel purge solenoid (Chevy calls it EVAP). It has a hose that runs from the solenoid to the hose barb that had that green plug on it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That is the wires for the fuel purge solenoid (Chevy calls it EVAP). It has a hose that runs from the solenoid to the hose barb that had that green plug on it.

OK so it does need to be plugged in somewhere. I will Get under hood after work and find it and plug in. Thank you very much for this help. Do you know where I might find a diagram showing the Fuel purge solenoid? I am going to look online as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a question about this intake manifold. Since it requires a tune what happens to the warranty like Ik most tuners allow you to return the settings to factory but don't you need the tune on with this manifold at all times I was possibly looking into buying one but I don't want to void the warranty just yet since I just got my gt a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Yes it requires a tune. If you don't want to tune your car you can't use this manifold. Bye bye drivetrain warranty with a tune.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
It was the EVAC not hooked up properly on mine. Everything good to go now. Worked great last night and just loaded a new MPT tune so after today gonna really have some fun playing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No mine is one of the rare ones that doesn't have one. Mine is in the trunk. My car is also a turbo diesel. And truthfully im not really interested in your comments so feel free to not answer my questions. I like to stick to dudes who seem to know what there talking about.(ie grabberblue5.0, Rapinator) This thread has over 280 comments and lots of them are people who think the Boss is not better. Every guys car is different as far as mods therefor the boss might be good for others but is it good for me? CA resident with cats & stock headers. From what I read supporting mods are what makes the boss really use its potential and help with loss in TQ down low. So you can act like im some dumb ass asking a dumb question or you can be like some of the other dudes who help and know what's best with the info I give. Ive driven my car 15 miles sense final tune so NO I don't know the precise RPM it shifts but I thought the 3 times I did drive it that it went to 7400. The car is down right now due to ****ty Eibach coil overs so I cant drive it to see right now. OH and im type O- if you need to know more info lol
lol

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had mine installed about a week ago. I am getting the code P0455 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak no flow) The Valve that wasn't attached when first installed is nor and the clip and such is all on it. Is it possible it could be reversed? Tried to maneuver a couple pics to illustrate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
just bumping hoping someone can help answer the post above this.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Somebody on forum is looking for help I figured that you would know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That line looks extremely kinked, like no flow kinked

Thanks, that is an easy thing to test out I can just get a longer tube so the bend isn't so sharp. I hope it would be that easy. Like I was was thinking maybe i reversed the hoses

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you listen to everyone nothing works on naturally aspirated mustangs, cold air kit, throttle body ,boss 302 manifold headers, off road xpipe, hpipe coil packs ,so you should just get a supercharger, or turbo.This is just my opinion from listening to people who think that they know everything, I hope I don't offend any of you because that's not the what I'm trying to do,just saying. ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

301 - 320 of 357 Posts