·
Registered
575 Posts
Doesn't look like it's worth the time or money to add the boss

·
Registered
126 Posts
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469907390.014557.jpg

Lost horsepower lost torque...been trying to get better Lund Support, data logs show it running well just not producing power like it should...anyone else see a loss like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
10 Posts
The boss shows gains from 5000 to 7800 and if u have a good tune it's definetly worth it. My boss is only going to cost me 400$ as I am going for full bolt on and need all the other mods anyway. And custom dyno tune is the way to go to maximize your gains!
As noted here by others, a Boss 302 intake won't give you any more power unless it's installed along with a custom dyno tune to maximize the gains that are possible with this intake, which is able to flow more air. To realize the maximum gains possible with this intake you need to follow this part with headers (with full exhaust system using hi-flow cats), cam, cold-air intake and some serious tuning time spent by someone who knows how to maximize your results with the changes from the factory tune. Needless to say, while these things will definitely get you more power they will also void your warranty. In light of these facts, I just went ahead and got a Roush blower. The stock Roush tune supplied with it gives me over 670 HP at the crank plus the safety that comes from thousands and thousands of Roush blown Mustangs on the road which are being used as everything from daily drivers to full-on drag cars with slicks and roll cage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've found an intake for 200$ on a local classifieds site.

He is selling just the intake, along with the connected wiring pigtail.

Will I have to order the boss 302 install kit to get the fuel vapour hose and all the stuff in order to complete the install of the manifold?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You do not need the install kit. Save your money. Just go to get the tubing kit off LMR for a few dollars

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's NO WAY that could be it! Ford wouldn't charge us almost $200 for $3 worth of hose.

Jk, yes that's it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everybody. I recently installed a boss manifold on my 2012 GT auto , i went ahead and bought the install kit because I didn't really want to just use hose and clamps like most people do these days. The problem I ran into was when I went to install the new vaccum line from the new purge valve to the line down by the booster. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to go onto the big line by the booster. The new fuel line fits perfect (it should it's exactly the same) and the other end fits the new purge valve without a problem. The fitting on the new line is slightly smaller than my stock line. I ended up using some #8 hose and clamps to connect the purge. Exactly what I bought the kit to avoid. I called ford racings tech line and I don't think they believed me. I haven't heard back from them. The car runs fine so far on Bama's 91 and 93 octane boss tune ups. I was just curious if anybody else had run into this problem. The new fitting is stamped 11.8 the old ones stamped 12.61. Are those sizes?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Boss intake w/ a new throttle body, headers and exhaust and a good tune will improve power...opening up the air flow thru the whole system is the only way to really get more power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purge Vlave

Hello, I recently installed a Boss 302 in my '14 GT and I have a question about the purge valve. You said that it's optional but it sends a check engine light if you go that route. I installed mine but whenever my gas tank gets to half capacity, my check engine light turns on. When I fill it up, it shuts off again. The code it sends is P2068 if I remember correctly. Do you know the exact code it sends when not using the purge valve?

341 - 357 of 357 Posts