Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 357 Posts

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Benzo said:
The boss shows gains from 5000 to 7800 and if u have a good tune it's definetly worth it. My boss is only going to cost me 400$ as I am going for full bolt on and need all the other mods anyway. And custom dyno tune is the way to go to maximize your gains!
When do you plan to do it? I've seen the write up on it, it's something I could do myself but I need to see some solid numbers and a good tune before I void my warranty for it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
primer2tone said:
When do you plan to do it? I've seen the write up on it, it's something I could do myself but I need to see some solid numbers and a good tune before I void my warranty for it.
The week of the 10th but not going to dyno tune till around December. Stage 3 motor sports is going to send me some tunes when I order my sct tuner and JLT cai. These tunes I will run until I do my custom dyno tune. Cuz after I install the boss and jlt I'm going to still need to install my LT's and o/r xpipe.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The week of the 10th but not going to dyno tune till around December. Stage 3 motor sports is going to send me some tunes when I order my sct tuner and JLT cai. These tunes I will run until I do my custom dyno tune. Cuz after I install the boss and jlt I'm going to still need to install my LT's and o/r xpipe.
What LTs and X are you going with?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Vanessa's Vaughn Gittin Jr. 2011 Mustang 5.0 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Also, here's AMs car which has the following mods

• Boss 302 Intake Manifold
  • 4.10 Gears
  • Off-road X-pipe
  • cat-back
  • sticky tires
2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Runs 10.43 @ 130 MPH with Boss Intake Manifold - YouTube

This is an AUTO and put down 404/355 and did 11.64 (before the juice).

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
You speak the truth! In my circles their is a kid who spent about $2k getting that Boss intake installed on his '11 5.0 and I still ran him down from a rolling 30mph. Maybe his tune was wack or maybe he can't shift for **** but I would've expected him to at least have the edge.
2K for it and install. He got ripped off. YOu can buy the Boss intake for $389 shipped.

A tune is key to maximize the Boss. If you are not revving it to 7800 rpms with a manual you are wasting money doing it. If you do not have 3.73's gears with it you are wasting money doing it.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Also here is my car dyno. 464whp. My car just ran a [email protected] with the DA still 1500. It has bottom 11's in it with cooler weather. It is worth it if you have some supporting mods to go along.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's what I'm looking for! I wanna run the steeda cai but will I need a tune for that as well or will the Boss tune accommodate the cai also? I've never installed a tune in a car before, so I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The AM/Bama tune is pretty conservative. I'm not saying that's bad, just keep in mind that there may be bigger gains from other tunes at the cost of pushing your engine farther toward the limit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
AM sells the intake, CAI, and tuner as a kit probably the best route to go and of course life tine tunes. This will be the route I go if I go with the Boss 302 intake.
We also offer the same thing. Free tunes for life program. I can get it for you with the JLT or the Steeda CAI.

·
Registered
702 Posts
What LTs and X are you going with?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Vanessa's Vaughn Gittin Jr. 2011 Mustang 5.0 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------
I'm going with the stainless works 1 7/8" primaries LT's and thier merge spike x pipe! Got it for a good deal at 1100$ for both:headbang:
Also, here's AMs car which has the following mods

• Boss 302 Intake Manifold
  • 4.10 Gears
  • Off-road X-pipe
  • cat-back
  • sticky tires
2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Runs 10.43 @ 130 MPH with Boss Intake Manifold - YouTube

This is an AUTO and put down 404/355 and did 11.64 (before the juice).
---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

What would I be looking to spend for the Boss mani, steeda cai and the tune all together?
BOSS mani good price at 390$
For the tune u need a sct tuner, for the steeda/ sct tuner package good price at 610$. I got the JLT/sct tuner package for 575$.
And depending on if u want the fancy install kit or the cost effective kit could range from 15$ to 180$.
So I would say the cheap est. Would be about 980$. If u pay retail the high est. Would be about 1350$ and this is doing the install yourself. If going to get it installed at speed shop add about 400 to 500$ depending on hourly labor rate and what they est. The labor time to be.:headbang:

21 - 40 of 357 Posts