Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Well I Just read the entire install and think I could tackle this.Great job on this install [email protected] and thanks for tips from Napoleon85.I will be drooling over this until shes on.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Looks nice, I need to break down and order one of those strut tower braces. I'd love to find an aftermarket one that's lighter and/or stronger but there don't seem to be many options.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What weight oil are you running with the boss intake upgrade? The manual has us using 5w20 while the boss 302 runs 5w50.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Doesnt matter, most people wont ever see 7000 RPM unless they are at the track. The internals of your engine are still the same. Run the 5w20 and you wont have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Idk how ppl are running 11s with this intake I have a 2011 Gt 6MT DR 4.10s steeda intake and bama tune and the best time I ever got was a 12.135 at 114 mph and I'm being told that I won't do any better than that with the boss' loss of low end power... I just took the boss off and replaced with stock and will try for 11s Thursday at the track if I don't get a better time then I have no idea what is going on will put boss back on and data log and resend it to bama... Any ideas???

In all honestly I'm starting to believe Bama mail in tunes are complete crap but I know some ppl out there that have had great success with them

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Idk how ppl are running 11s with this intake I have a 2011 Gt 6MT DR 4.10s steeda intake and bama tune and the best time I ever got was a 12.135 at 114 mph and I'm being told that I won't do any better than that with the boss' loss of low end power... I just took the boss off and replaced with stock and will try for 11s Thursday at the track if I don't get a better time then I have no idea what is going on will put boss back on and data log and resend it to bama... Any ideas???

In all honestly I'm starting to believe Bama mail in tunes are complete crap but I know some ppl out there that have had great success with them
Your gears are probably your issue ... should be running 3.73s or 3.90s with the MT82. 4.10s will make you hit the rev limiter or shift to 5th right before the trap from what I have heard.

·
Registered
78 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
What gear are you trapping in?
4th pretty much at redline when crossing

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Napoleon85 said:
Your gears are probably your issue ... should be running 3.73s or 3.90s with the MT82. 4.10s will make you hit the rev limiter or shift to 5th right before the trap from what I have heard.
Lol my buddy has 3.73s all same mods as me and was only able to do a 12.6 with a John lund tune and bama actually told me that 4.30s was the gear to compensate for the loss of low end torque... Doesn't seem possible to be in the 11s

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
This is pretty much what I was getting at, I would be going with exactly what Napoleon said, 114 doesn't seem very high considering many people hit 110-112 with street tires

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I know a few people running in the 11's with a Boss intake. I know you have 4.10 gears, are you running a 26" tall tire, or a 28? What are your 60' times?

41 - 60 of 357 Posts