Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
You should run 11's with ease then. Even with the 28" tall tire. 4th gear is a 1.32 and 5th is 1.00 so you dont have much drop in RPM, but you also want to try and stay out of 5th. With a bone stock car (3.73's) and a 26" tire, i have been 12.3x's at 115-116.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
You should run 11's with ease then. Even with the 28" tall tire. 4th gear is a 1.32 and 5th is 1.00 so you dont have much drop in RPM, but you also want to try and stay out of 5th. With a bone stock car (3.73's) and a 26" tire, i have been 12.3x's at 115-116.
Are you launching at high rpm or just easing into it... I'm launching at 6500 to Hit that boss powerband as soon as possible and I'm pretty much constant 12.3s and got 12.13 once... I'm thinking it's tune? But I want to know if it's worth the 600 for a dyno or if I'll run much better with stock intake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I launch at 7000 99% of the time. I leave as hard as i can to try and cut a good 60'. Usually i'm in the 1.5-1.6 range. I have yet to slap on the Boss intake, this article was based off of Scott's car. I like my low end power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I launch at 7000 99% of the time. I leave as hard as i can to try and cut a good 60'. Usually i'm in the 1.5-1.6 range. I have yet to slap on the Boss intake, this article was based off of Scott's car. I like my low end power.
Lol so are you saying this intake could be my problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
No, it could be a couple of different things. Could be gears, tire size, DA, track prep, tune, and so on. Like i said, there are people running 11's with a Boss intake. I have a buddy that has one and ran a 11.93 @ 118, 3.73's with a 26" tire. So many factors come into play on any given pass at the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
No, it could be a couple of different things. Could be gears, tire size, DA, track prep, tune, and so on. Like i said, there are people running 11's with a Boss intake. I have a buddy that has one and ran a 11.93 @ 118, 3.73's with a 26" tire. So many factors come into play on any given pass at the track.
Who knows I will post time slip of stock manifold Thursday night
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Last run if the night before the track shut down and I trapped in 4th and redlined at the end of the run so that run should be well in the 11s... This is with stock intake FYI so maybe this boss intake isn't as good as they say it is?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Boss intake likes to be spun to the moon. It makes its power in the higher RPM range. You are very close to that 11. Shouldnt have any problems hitting it the next time you go to the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
I don't get why people pout about the low end power loss? I only have 3.31s and when i shift at 7k it only drops to 5k, at 5k on most boss-stock dyno comparisons, its around the same, and starts to show gains at 5500 and the gains increase to redline, with a more aggressive gear, and shifting at 7500 rpm, the only time you should have any issue is first gear which would be so miniscule and the loss would probably help prevent tire spin... just my .02, BTW thanks for this right up, hopefully it will help my noob ass get this thing installed with ease this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
coyote414 said:
I don't get why people pout about the low end power loss? I only have 3.31s and when i shift at 7k it only drops to 5k, at 5k on most boss-stock dyno comparisons, its around the same, and starts to show gains at 5500 and the gains increase to redline, with a more aggressive gear, and shifting at 7500 rpm, the only time you should have any issue is first gear which would be so miniscule and the loss would probably help prevent tire spin... just my .02, BTW thanks for this right up, hopefully it will help my noob ass get this thing installed with ease this week.
Lol idk man I have the time slips to prove it that the stock is better in the quarter mile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
5pointOH2011 said:
Lol idk man I have the time slips to prove it that the stock is better in the quarter mile
If you lost time with the boss then you either don't have the supporting mods, or you were launching/shifting way too low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
5pointOH2011 said:
Lol idk man I have the time slips to prove it that the stock is better in the quarter mile
What gears/supporting mods do you have? Auto/manual? Most importantly, who's you're tuner? The dynos don't lie, you should be making more power except for first which unless you have some stickys, would only help reduce tire spin. I'll do a before and after run with slips, with mail order bama tunes and will report back within the next few weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
coyote414 said:
What gears/supporting mods do you have? Auto/manual? Most importantly, who's you're tuner? The dynos don't lie, you should be making more power except for first which unless you have some stickys, would only help reduce tire spin. I'll do a before and after run with slips, with mail order bama tunes and will report back within the next few weeks
2011 6mt DRs 4.10 steeda cai cat back exhaust and bama tune launching at 6500 and shifting at 7400... Best I ran was a 12.3 consistent and stock intake ran a 12.0 at 108 cuz I glided across finish so I know that time is in the 11s just have been back in over a month gonna try again tonight if the rain holds off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
5pointOH2011 said:
2011 6mt DRs 4.10 steeda cai cat back exhaust and bama tune launching at 6500 and shifting at 7400... Best I ran was a 12.3 consistent and stock intake ran a 12.0 at 108 cuz I glided across finish so I know that time is in the 11s just have been back in over a month gonna try again tonight if the rain holds off
I'd say it needs to exhale better, I have a catless lethal h pipe and I feel like it helped me out a lot, you could be right maybe it's not better in the 1/4, but you have pretty aggressive gears. How's your highway mpg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
coyote414 said:
I'd say it needs to exhale better, I have a catless lethal h pipe and I feel like it helped me out a lot, you could be right maybe it's not better in the 1/4, but you have pretty aggressive gears. How's your highway mpg?
The highway mileage was better than stock... My theory is the boss is made for road courses that's why it gives you good mid to high range power it wasn't built for the strip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Most of my pulls will be from a 40 roll anyway, but to really see the low end difference I'll do a comparison with my buddy from a slow roll like 5mph before and after and video it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Untamed5.0 said:
Got my new Boss 302 intake in the mail! Be here tomorrow yeaaaaaa!!!! :)
Will you be doing any type of before/after runs? I know dyno runs can be pricey but so many people are skeptical of this bolt on
 
61 - 80 of 357 Posts
Top