Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Will you be doing any type of before/after runs? I know dyno runs can be pricey but so many people are skeptical of this bolt on
I don't think that any more dyno runs are going to prove anything to anyone. Those with proper supporting mods and willing to wind it out high enough in the RPM range reap the benefits. Those who don't, well ... don't.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
I don't think that any more dyno runs are going to prove anything to anyone. Those with proper supporting mods and willing to wind it out high enough in the RPM range reap the benefits. Those who don't, well ... don't.
What would you consider proper supporting
Mods?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Tune with a high (7600-7800) RPM limiter, offroad X/H pipe or LT Headers, sticky tires for high-RPM launches, and gears (3.73 or 3.90) help too.
Looks like I qualify aside from gears 3.31 :/ but my shifts from 7k drop to 5k so if I shift at 7.5k it should be okay... Right??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
I'm not an expert on Boss Intake Manifold shift points, but I think 7500 would be around the lowest you want to shift.
I'm sure it makes power beyond that, but people are concerned about the longevity of their engines with stock internals

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for this tutorial write up! I found that this was the best write-up anywhere I looked. I've not run at the track with mine yet however, I can definitely tell that there is a significant power boost up top. No doubt the car is faster now! I did all of my modifications as soon as I got the car, I went with the Boss Intake, CAI, Steeda tune and exhaust work, Eibach Pro kit, etc.
A side note to anyone coming behind me and looking for helpful tips, I was able to do the install with two time and money saving changes. 1.) I bought a $185 installation kit but in the end, I used some rubber hose and a couple of hose clamps in place of one of my hoses and returned the entire installation kit as I did not see a benefit to using it… 2.) With the fuel system, I pulled the fuel rails up as a pair and then rotated them together to the driver side of the engine compartment. I then replace the intake manifold without depressurizing the fuel rail. Putting the new IM on was more challenging than the stock IM removal but it ultimately made the install less complicated…
Thanks again for this tutorial!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Remove the rubber insulators as they won't be needed. Using a bolt, a flat washer, & a lock washer (the lock washer goes between the head of the bolt & the flat washer) attach the purge valve to the engine block. It was kind of hard to get a good pic of this, but hopefully you get the gist. Plug the electrical connector back in & re-connect the purge line.
Its used to attach the purge valve to the engine block.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I installed the Boss power pack from american muscle and it went smooth, araid CIA fit but needed some coaxing....and agree with the fuel depressuring it needs to be, luckly I was ready for that... but its a nice boost..not much low end torque though...

·
Registered
218 Posts
brianw64 said:
I installed the Boss power pack from american muscle and it went smooth, araid CIA fit but needed some coaxing....and agree with the fuel depressuring it needs to be, luckly I was ready for that... but its a nice boost..not much low end torque though...
Yeah low end kinda went bye bye, now I don't spin 2nd as much, kinda a good thing though!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey guys I installed the Boss intake and I gotta say that who ever said its a waste of time? I have to disagree....The Intake does take away alot of low end torque, and i wasnt happy about that, BUT.....It will more than satisfy you when you get the rpms up going thru the gears...!!!! IT is a beast, it never quits and from 2nd gear to 5th its AMAZING!! I am new to this and I dont want to step on toes here but Im only talking from experience, and I know because I drive it everyday, and I made up for the hp loss on the lower end with other mods...and my car is VERY FUN TO DRIVE!

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Oh and i know someone will ask this so I will just answer it, what I did to get the low end HP back was I put 4.10 gears in with aluminum flywheel and Driveshaft, and dont let the reviews on aluminum flywheels scare you, its so much fun to have those in there, I have more low end torque now then I did with the stock manifold and its very FUN to shift thru the gears now , the fw and ds work so well together and it really made it a rocket..Headers are going on this week...and Im getting a dyno done on monday 8/20 and will post hp, I want to see just what my mods have done.

81 - 100 of 357 Posts