Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
for that price you could just supercharge it

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

regardless that is a pretty .... ballin ass list and you might pee a little after you drive it haha

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for that price you could just supercharge it

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

regardless that is a pretty .... ballin ass list and you might pee a little after you drive it haha
I was going to go with a Paxton novi along with everything off the bat but I haven't even tracked the car yet. I'd be nice to know the difference between what it will be like then and after. Not to mention getting some experience Haha.

Attachments

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Holy effing balls!! That's really high labor for the intake and headers! It should only be about 1/3 that price. ~$500, the suspension side seems about right though.

And be prepared to get a lot of "install it yourself"... Which is what I really want to say anyways lol

EDIT: in fact the more that I look at it, most of those parts you can buy yourself for a bit less

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was going to go with a Paxton novi along with everything off the bat but I haven't even tracked the car yet. I'd be nice to know the difference between what it will be like then and after. Not to mention getting some experience Haha.
I'll assume you have been on a track before (with another car) and have listened to instructors who continually advise to improve your own capabilities (seat time) before you even know where to start on your car? $10 grand is a huge sum that isn't going to cut a millisecond off a lap without knowing how to put it down. Some mods will actually slow the learning curve if not done for the right reasons. If you've already been there, done that, and have some recommendations from others with a similar setup then go for it. But I see some guys at car gatherings that do it for bragging rights and while some are impressed as hell, those who really know just stare in stunned silence.

Again, if you truly understand what this will do for your car and you, then go nuts and let us know how it works out!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Not sure...I spoke with a sales guy and he said that they dyno tune it for optimal performance. He also said that this is not an exact number. Every car is different and some make more power then others. But the average is pushing 460 to the wheels...
460 to the wheels?! From intake exhaust and tune? I'm not doubting what you were told, I just find it very hard to believe that they can get 100 whp from that. Hell gaining 50 whp from that would be a blessing

·
Registered
9,537 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was able to get the parts or 5k flat which saved 400ish from the list. Looking up everything online all over the place i think this was a great price. As for install, wouldn't I need a lift for most of suspension and such? I really need to talk about prices. Install for just roush chin side and rear splitters was set at 350!

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
I was able to get the parts or 5k flat which saved 400ish from the list. Looking up everything online all over the place i think this was a great price. As for install, wouldn't I need a lift for most of suspension and such? I really need to talk about prices. Install for just roush chin side and rear splitters was set at 350!
You don't need a lift for the suspension. It can be done easily on jack stands. Just make sure you are safe about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You're right, I was thinking of something else...I could have swore it was this though...They do not show all the options and packages on the website. They are going to send me another price guide and I will post it...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts