Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possible without a lift or not? I've rebuilt a ford ranger and reinstalled its driveshaft without a lift lol but I realize this would be different entirely. Does anyone have any tips or even better an install guide? I've searched for one online and no luck yet.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I did mine in garage with the rear on stands. Was a while ago but I believe it's just 4 bolts in front and 6 in rear. Wasn't hard at all.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Possible without a lift or not? I've rebuilt a ford ranger and reinstalled its driveshaft without a lift lol but I realize this would be different entirely. Does anyone have any tips or even better an install guide? I've searched for one online and no luck yet.
you are going to want ramps, jack plus jack stands, etc.

Something to get the car off the ground.

My car up on the ramps I have I as a rather thin guy could easily do the drive shift myself or with someones help. I looked at this when I installed my o/r X pipe and looked at the shifter location since they are two things I want to replace, and both look completely doable with just the ramps.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know the odds are in your favor, but the thought of being under the car while it's on jack stands and ramps is still scary. Not that I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I know the odds are in your favor, but the thought of being under the car while it's on jack stands and ramps is still scary. Not that I wouldn't do it.
why? I purchased truck ramps, they hold 12,000 lbs. Just make sure to block off the wheels not on the ramps and put the e-brake on.

Been under the car multiple times and never felt like it was ever going to collapse on me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
why? I purchased truck ramps, they hold 12,000 lbs. Just make sure to block off the wheels not on the ramps and put the e-brake on.

Been under the car multiple times and never felt like it was ever going to collapse on me.
Final Destination!

·
Registered
598 Posts
LOL

Jack stands are fine. Get the car up on them & try to wiggle it, no movement & you're good.

The Mustang 2-piece drive shaft is probably a bit more involved than the Pinto project my brother in law & I work on, but I've had that driveshaft in and out more times than I can remember--now I can get it out of the car in under 5 minutes when on jack stands.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys that link doesn't work on my phone but I'll check it out when I'm on my pc later. Now I'm getting excited about my next mod!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Roughly what is the weight difference between the stock driveshaft and a ford racing aluminum driveshaft say for '99-'04 applications?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts