Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up everyone I was wondering if anyone has installed Flowmaster Mustang Force 2 Dual Catback exhaust on their '97 mustang or similar style mustang because Im wondering on whether I would have to buy a new set of pipes with it or what. Comments appreciated

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
robb15033 said:
With a catback, no- No new piping. It uses the single pipe after the Y and ties in there. Some hangers need installed, thats it.
I had the 40's catback. Then replaced it with true dual Flowmaster 10's. Examples to hear the difference BELOW:
1997 V6 Mustang flowmaster 40's exhaust - YouTube
Mustang V6 Flowmaster 10 exhaust - YouTube
ah ok thanks man I'm not getting them now but was wondering since I keep looking at the picture I was thinking exactly how it would be installed thanks again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robb15033 said:
What are you going to get? Or, what did you get? And are you happy with it??
I would like to get the flowmaster force 2 dual catbacks just cause it would be dual exhaust which I have wanted

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would like to get the flowmaster force 2 dual catbacks just cause it would be dual exhaust which I have wanted
Yeah but, catbacks are not real dual exhaust. Just dual muffler. You need to cut out that "Y" pipe and extend a mid-pipe and mufflers or like mine which is just 2 separate pipes making it divorced duals. Know what I mean??:good:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robb15033 said:
Yeah but, catbacks are not real dual exhaust. Just dual muffler. You need to cut out that "Y" pipe and extend a mid-pipe and mufflers or like mine which is just 2 separate pipes making it divorced duals. Know what I mean??:good:
I think so I am not getting them now I just figured I would ask someone who has for when the time comes I put dual exhaust in so remove the factory Y pipe and replace it with what because I still wanna keep them catted for the regulation garbage so I don't have to deal with being in trouble for that mod being that I'm in nj and I think they have to be catted

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The "Y" is after the cats. I still have my cats. Give me a few and i will give you a detailed explanation with pictures of the whole thing before and after. I am at work right now but I'll take a break shortly and hook you up with some drawings that show it all and what to do-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
robb15033 said:
The "Y" is after the cats. I still have my cats. Give me a few and i will give you a detailed explanation with pictures of the whole thing before and after. I am at work right now but I'll take a break shortly and hook you up with some drawings that show it all and what to do-
alright cool man really appreciate it you'll be saving me and my dad alot of headaches

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Here is some quick reference material. The exhaust system is practicall the same for 94-04 Mustangs. When you are purchasing tail pipes & mid-pipes, you have to purchase your model generation though. Example 94-98GT, OR 99-04GT mid pipes and tailpipes are what you will get for your V6 (Depending on which year your car falls under).

Here is a write up on "HOW TO":
Installing a GT-takeoff dual exhaust system on a 99+ Mustang V6

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

So, what you see is that you can cut out the "Y" pipe. Buy a "GT" cat back OR install a "mid pipe", then your choice of 2.5" offset mufflers, then lastly a set of "tailpipes". Just remember to get the correct year mid-pipe or tailpipe (94-98GT OR 99-04GT), they are sold under the GT parts section. Hope that helps!:headbang:

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

one last thing, I promise- A lot of people buy this kit and attach a GT catback to it. It fits on perfectly after you cut out the "Y" pipe- FYI:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts