Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I installed the WhiteLine relocation brackets for the LCA that are made to correct the angle after you lowered the car. The install was very easy and basic.

I did notice a little better traction, not alot but a little, it's not a miracle part. Also the 1st to 2nd shifts don't fish tail anymore, it stays planted. However what I liked the most which I noticed and didn't expect is how solid the rearend feels now, on the highway there's a banked curve and bumps in the road and Everytime I'd hit them it would feel like the car was going to lose control out back, after the install it feels alot better.

And unrelated to the brackets, I put those J&M LCA on a little over a year ago and the bushings looked good, no cracks or rips, how ever they did squeak so I relubed them and now they are like new

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very nice! I've been debating on getting the relocation brackets. I know they make a difference but just didnt know how much difference it would be. But now I think I'll pick up a set.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! I've been debating on getting the relocation brackets. I know they make a difference but just didnt know how much difference it would be. But now I think I'll pick up a set.
I'd probably buy them again, I don't think it was money wasted, just a subtle changed making it behave better, I'll let you know what it does for my 60' times at the track next week

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
I feel like it made a big difference. I installed the aluminum DS at the same time, it should have been a bit easier to break the tires loose. I can feel the car biting much more into the asphalt and it launches much harder. I think it's one of the more useful mods for the S197

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like it made a big difference. I installed the aluminum DS at the same time, it should have been a bit easier to break the tires loose. I can feel the car biting much more into the asphalt and it launches much harder. I think it's one of the more useful mods for the S197
Like I said I'll report back when I get some new numbers, that's the only way to know

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'd probably buy them again, I don't think it was money wasted, just a subtle changed making it behave better, I'll let you know what it does for my 60' times at the track next week
Sweet!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1.9 still not much better

·
Registered
289 Posts
I c.. I have lca relocation brackets being installed on Monday to help get rid of the major squatting that happens on launch.. currently I'm running a 1.6 60' but there is soo much energy going into the suspension instead of being put to the ground :/ I hope they help me.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts