Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2014 GT has the Cervinis Type 4 Ram Air hood which looks great and not very common. The underside doesn't have a heat shield and is painted so I thought, why not a large Ford Racing decal.
So I found one on Amazon 24" by 12" and patiently waited for it from China....4 weeks.
I used the center fold split method of applying it and other than a few very small air bubbles in the Ford logo portion, it's pretty nice.
Disclaimer: No plasti-Dip was involved with this mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hoped the red in the decal matched the coil covers better so I may change them to the Ford blue instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And one close up. The material is decent quality but not premium. The adhesive seems like it will hold up just fine with the heat. And the price was $30
I don't get to any car shows and display or anything, my car isn't anything special anyway but it adds a little bling factor when I'm tinkering at home with the hood up. Or when kids sometimes ask me to pop the hood when I stop for gas, groceries etc. I like to foster future Mustang freaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dude that's sweet! :cool:for the money that's the best way. A sign shop could do that for you ; but by the time they charge for the digitizing and the vinyl you are probably double what you spent. The upside is you get it quicker.
Excellent idea! And the air bubbles is a quick fix...just take a straight pin and 'poke' the air bubble and with squeegee and some slip solution (3-4 drops of baby shampoo in water bottle) spray and squeegee and you could almost get it down to something less noticeable if you want to go after it!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey that's pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My 2014 GT has the Cervinis Type 4 Ram Air hood which looks great and not very common. The underside doesn't have a heat shield and is painted so I thought, why not a large Ford Racing decal.
So I found one on Amazon 24" by 12" and patiently waited for it from China....4 weeks.
I used the center fold split method of applying it and other than a few very small air bubbles in the Ford logo portion, it's pretty nice.
I LOVE it....especially the part about no plastic dip.
...I have no Idea why that stuff is all the rage?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looks great! :thumb:
I put some eBay vinyl on the ROUSH lettering on top of my supercharger thinking it'll last a few trips. Put it on last summer and it's still there! I'm thinking you'll be ok with the heat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Do you have a link to the seller?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here it is. It did take about 3 to 4 weeks but it was legit. Only thing I didn't like is it came in a small package folded in half but after laying it out and putting books on it overnight, it was all good.
http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-Large-Decal-24/dp/B00JBJI35K
The Ford oval and the racing part were two separate decals which was a good thing. The red letters went on aligned with a clear top layer that peeled up after install ,leaving just the red letters.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here it is. It did take about 3 to 4 weeks but it was legit. Only thing I didn't like is it came in a small package folded in half but after laying it out and putting books on it overnight, it was all good.
http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-Large-Decal-24/dp/B00JBJI35K
The Ford oval and the racing part were two separate decals which was a good thing. The red letters went on aligned with a clear top layer that peeled up after install ,leaving just the red letters.
Awsome, THANKS!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would that work on a stock hood you think?... It looks sweet
If you remove the stock hood heat liner possibly. I'm not sure what it looks like under a stock hood with heat shield removed.
So far so good. A few weeks of daily driving and hot weather and it still looks the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts