Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Go to an auto parts store and pick up a Haynes or chiltons manual and it'll tell you everything you need to know, it's not "that" difficult to do really

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Pretty much aside from reseting the valvetrain, certain procedure to follow to make sure they are set right but again not difficult if you understand the concept

·
Registered
692 Posts
Remove upper and lower intake along with fuel rails and injectors.
Remove radiator, fan and serpentine system.
Might have to remove the front bumper to get to it. The 3.8 is VERY similar to the 5.0 as far as installing a cam goes. Hope this helps

·
Registered
692 Posts
You'll need someone more experienced then I with v6's to answer that question but my initial GUESS would be no unless the O-rings are bad. Don't think with a cam only swap that your injectors

·
Registered
621 Posts
Depends on the cam. Usually the cam manufacture will tell you if you need stronger injectors. I talked about getting higher ratio roller rockers a while ago and this guy argued that a cam is better and that you don't have to remove the radiator to install one and had pictures to prove it. so that will save you time and supplies. How many miles does your stangorang have?

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
126,000 mile roughly but is a completely healthy motor i oil change more often than i should 3 months. And run 93 high value feul. And keep my motor super clean.
I really need some pictures guys

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
242 SAE rwhp on factory injectors myself lol

Aren't you doing turbo with all this or some form of boost? Depending on that level of boost will tell you how big of injectors..

As for radiator it's pretty simple to remove, (bracket for overflow tank, then remove it, two top support brackets for radiator, undo upper/lower hoses with pliers, pull up to remove radiator and done) worth it to me at least for the extra working room when removing all the acces on the front of the motor.

Also, upgraded valve springs are required with any cam that is even worth the trouble swapping in.. Usually comp 915's will handle whatever you do, also hardened pushrods will most likely be needed

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
QUOTE="xhgwx"]David
Kyle said hardened push Rods and upgraded valve springs weren't needed with his?[/QUOTE]

Pushrods maybe, but better check again with valve springs bud lol

Blackedout said:
A turbo may be too much. I would rather save it for a v8.
In what respect? You can do a turbo kit for a decent price, look around there is usually a good kit for sale every month or two

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will then. Man i would really love to turbo this car! So i plan h/c/i think they make an application for this? Like a certain cam?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Blackedout said:
I will then. Man i would really love to turbo this car! So i plan h/c/i think they make an application for this? Like a certain cam?
Turbo kit on v6 power for 550 btw.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

davidcseifert said:
QUOTE="xhgwx"]David
Kyle said hardened push Rods and upgraded valve springs weren't needed with his?
Pushrods maybe, but better check again with valve springs bud lol

In what respect? You can do a turbo kit for a decent price, look around there is usually a good kit for sale every month or two[/QUOTE]

Well how much are those comp valve springs

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
xhgwx said:
Well how much are those comp valve springs
Look up comp 915's, and the hardware to go with them

Blackedout said:
Yes they make cams for certain application N/A, turbo, or supercharger

You should email Kyle at
http://kylepersonperformance.m.webs.com
He can get you a quote on a Head/Cam/Intake setup for your specific goals

1 - 17 of 17 Posts