Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying GT-take-offs and replacing the mufflers with aftermarket ones (possibly dynomax). Is the muffler change a no brain swap or does it involve cutting, welding, etc? Whether or not it is complicated, what exactly is involved?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the old mufflers have to be cut out, then the new ones are normally welded in but you can bolt them up with clamps. I would just take it to a place that does exhaust work, and have them welded in. Oh and you would need hangers for the new mufflers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
the old mufflers have to be cut out, then the new ones are normally welded in but you can bolt them up with clamps. I would just take it to a place that does exhaust work, and have them welded in. Oh and you would need hangers for the new mufflers.
welding them in would be easier than having the shop fab and install flanges to bolt everything together. although, it depends on wether or not you plan on swapping an O/R midpipe for a catted one for emissions testing. if so then bolting would be the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts