Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna make sure I got this right.

- Clean the wax off by washing the area in dishsoap.
- Mix up some soapy water and spray it on the area.
- Position the decal.
- Let dry a couple of hours.

Gonna do the rear bumper decals I got from Mustang Tuning pretty soon. Just wanna make sure I get it right.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
sounds good to me, just make sure that you keep the area wet until you are completely satisfied with its location, cuz if you don't, you better get used to it. :)

Where is this decal going?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
NJStang86 said:
I believe its the bumper inserts he's referring to
lol, good call. I was getting rushed out the door when replying to this.

yeah, just keep it wet till you're ready for them to stick. Warm water works better I think.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
i cleaned the bumper with dishsoap. and used water/soap in a spray bottle when i put the decals on, and as said before keep it wet untill happy with position. then you may need to carefully press airbubbles out. work from the center out while diong that

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
1) remove from container
2) put 10 dollars in envelope addressed to me
3) place stamp on envelope
4) mail envelope to me
5) finish install of decals

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Nope, diff bumper, sorry Brandon.

Yeah, few things I forgot to mention. I used rubbing alcohol to clean up the area. You want to do that REAL well.

And like Tony said, you want to work out as many air bubbles as possible. I used a credit card to smooth out the decal once I was happy with the location, but before it dries. You will most likely still have small air bubbles once you are done and it is set. I'd give it a day probably at least to be safe, then use a small small small needle to poke a hole in the middle of the are bubbles, and squeeze them out.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
NJStang86 said:
Probably a stupid question, but do you install the stainless-steel inserts the same way?
i would think so, same sticker material just the outer material is different

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
some of the stainless steel ones are actually domed inserts. I'm not sure how you would go about doing those, but I'm sure whoever you bought them from could tell you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts