Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my springs tomorrow, I got 1.5 inch drop all the way around. I have the adjustable panhard bar I'm putting on as well on my 2005 gt. Any helpful tips or comments on things to look for or swap out in the process. I also have cc plates coming tomorrow

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I'm installing my springs tomorrow, I got 1.5 inch drop all the way around. I have the adjustable panhard bar I'm putting on as well on my 2005 gt. Any helpful tips or comments on things to look for or swap out in the process. I also have cc plates coming tomorrow
You might need new strut mounts, mine fell apart when I took it off, depends on your mileage and road conditions

·
Registered
672 Posts
Good luck! You'll love the luck of it once it's lowered. I wish I had some handy advice, but I'll admit that my car was already lowered when I got it and the suspension on my old fox was completely different lol. Make sure you rent a spring compressor. That's my advice.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Ya there's no advice really, it's super easy, just take your time and like stated above rent a spring compressor

·
Registered
491 Posts
The cc plates will take alot of guess work out of the process instead of using camber bolts like I did and a camber gauge. Wasn't hard but took some time to get right.

Only other thing I suggest is getting relocation brackets for the lower control arms. When lowered that much you change the angle of them and loose some traction, relocation brackets will solve that issue. Process is very straight forward.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The cc plates will take alot of guess work out of the process instead of using camber bolts like I did and a camber gauge. Wasn't hard but took some time to get right.

Only other thing I suggest is getting relocation brackets for the lower control arms. When lowered that much you change the angle of them and loose some traction, relocation brackets will solve that issue. Process is very straight forward.
Spring compressor is such a pain. Best way to do it it a corded or cordless impact wrench with the socket the size of the compressor to drive them down in seconds versus 200000 turns of the wrench which gets tighter and tighter. Literally cuts an hour much sweat off the job. Panhard bar is only worth the mod if it is doing it's job. Make sure you measure the offset to center the best you can.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Spring compressor is such a pain. Best way to do it it a corded or cordless impact wrench with the socket the size of the compressor to drive them down in seconds versus 200000 turns of the wrench which gets tighter and tighter. Literally cuts an hour much sweat off the job. Panhard bar is only worth the mod if it is doing it's job. Make sure you measure the offset to center the best you can.
Oh I know, I used my air impact with the spring compressor, took about a minute for each one. And well I needed a track bar so I ordered it. Fixed the offset and got it centered.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Post some pics dude! i have an 05 GT and considering doing the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will later on, I got it installed, went pretty smooth. Looks great, the ride quality is amazing. Huge difference. I ran into a problem with my j&m adjustable panhard bar. I ordered it from American muscle and it was way to short. Like 5-6" too short so just threw one on from a 2010 shelby gt 500 until American muscle sends me a new one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The panhard bar? The one that AM sent me was way to short even fully extended. It had adjustments on both ends and even with them all the way out and 1 thread inside the center rod I was still about 3 inches off. American Muscle is supposed to be contacting J&M but I've heard nothing back yet

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The panhard bar? The one that AM sent me was way to short even fully extended. It had adjustments on both ends and even with them all the way out and 1 thread inside the center rod I was still about 3 inches off. American Muscle is supposed to be contacting J&M but I've heard nothing back yet
Just bypass them and demand an exchange. Why bother. My J&M LCAs were slightly off too causing a night are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm about too, my rear end is about 1inch off right now and I'm sick of waiting to get the part I need. And when I called AM the guy told me that it's never happened before so he has to do research.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I'm about too, my rear end is about 1inch off right now and I'm sick of waiting to get the part I need. And when I called AM the guy told me that it's never happened before so he has to do research.
Ha lol research??? Probably meant to say it was 5 mins before his lunch break and he ain't got the time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts