Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, ive got it all on, but it sounds like its leaking bad up around the
header flanges where the two ball joints meet. When i rev it a tad it makes this fluttering sound and its coming from each side of the headers where it bolts to the Hpipe. I think i rememver someone saying something about not being able to use the stock studs on the header? Is that right? Because it almost seems like those little spacers in the middle of the stud are keeping it from tightining up enough..thus the leak. I really dont know what to do, ive tighten them on like a beast and it still has this fluttering sound right at thsoe flanges. I also have the stock gt mufflers bolted up to the H pipe now, so it shouldnt make that fluttering, should be somewhat mellow. Anyways, if you got an answer i need one quick man. Thanks guys

Paul

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I wish I knew what to tell you, but I would probably try tightening it up without the spacers your talking about, and maybe some high temp RTV around the flange :-?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant remove those spacers, they are made onto the stud. :| I hate problems :oops:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
oh :| are they the factory headers??I think Corey has a Mac o/r hpipe. Try asking him. you might have to get shorter studs for them....Im sure someone else here knows what to do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking it has to be the studs, b/c ive tightened those things down alot, and im not a big guy but i can put some force on a ratchet. :headbang: COREY!!!! HELP YOUR BUDDY!!!!! :D :-?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea dude i will for sure..i think it will sound nice, but right now with that leak it sounds like an elephant with diarreha. :oops:

·
Registered
219 Posts
greenflash00 said:
Yea dude i will for sure..i think it will sound nice, but right now with that leak it sounds like an elephant with diarreha. :oops:
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts