Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lowering my car tomorrow finally...now it's going to be a 1.7 drop in front and 1.5 in back. Will I need caster camber plates!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soccerluvr4 said:
Yes you will definetly need CC plates, you should also get an alignment soon after.
Yea I'm getting them aligned next week.. But this cc plate thing is ganna drive me crazy lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
You should be able to get by with only camber bolts. It's a much cheaper option you may want to consider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JetLife 01GT said:
You should be able to get by with only camber bolts. It's a much cheaper option you may want to consider
Are they easy to install? And which one will save me the most tread life...camber bolts or re aligned tires
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Are they easy to install? And which one will save me the most tread life...camber bolts or re aligned tires
You will need camber bolts and an alignment. I was saying you may be able to use camber bolts instead of cc plates. An alignment will be necessary no matter what option you choose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JetLife 01GT said:
You will need camber bolts and a realignment. I was saying you may be able to use camber bolts instead of cc plates. An alignment will be necessary no matter what option you choose
Yea I was planning on realigning them ASAP. I already talked to the man and everything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Well don't do it immediately. Give your springs a week or two to settle. Other wise your car will drop some more and mess up alignment. I'd say give ur springs atleast a week to settle but don't wait more than 2 weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JetLife 01GT said:
Well don't do it immediately. Give your springs a week or two to settle. Other wise your car will drop some more and mess up alignment. I'd say give ur springs atleast a week to settle but don't wait more than 2 weeks
Okay sounds good...should I wait for them to settle for the camber bolts as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,903 Posts
Eh I don't think you need them. Just get camber bolts and alignment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
No, install bolts at the same time as springs. They should adjust the camber bolts for you when they align it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
JetLife 01GT said:
No, install bolts at the same time as springs. They should adjust the camber bolts for you when they align it.
Would it be bad if I didn't install the bolts when I put my springs on? Bc I need to order them. Or could I get the man to install the camber bolts as he re aligns it? And would it be wise to buy some from autozone? Sorry for all the questions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Would it be bad if I didn't install the bolts when I put my springs on? Bc I need to order them. Or could I get the man to install the camber bolts as he re aligns it? And would it be wise to buy some from autozone? Sorry for all the questions
No you can install bolts whenever. You can have the mechanic install bolts when he aligns it. However it will likely cost extra money. Last time I was looking at camber bolts, pep boys sold some but they only gave you 1 degree of camber adjustment. The eibach bolts that AM sells give you an extra 1.75 degrees of adjustment. Idk about autozone ones but I would look at the amount of adjustment you get out of them. Eibach ones gave the most adjustment out of any that I saw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JetLife 01GT said:
No you can install bolts whenever. You can have the mechanic install bolts when he aligns it. However it will likely cost extra money. Last time I was looking at camber bolts, pep boys sold some but they only gave you 1 degree of camber adjustment. The eibach bolts that AM sells give you an extra 1.75 degrees of adjustment. Idk about autozone ones but I would look at the amount of adjustment you get out of them. Eibach ones gave the most adjustment out of any that I saw
Alright thank you for all your help man I appreciate it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
:good:
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top