Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started installing my off road H pipe this afternoon and am having trouble disconnecting the harness from the drivers side O2 sensor. I can't reach the plug. Is there a trick to disconnecting the harness or gaining access to the plug?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Azure said:
I started installing my off road H pipe this afternoon and am having trouble disconnecting the harness from the drivers side O2 sensor. I can't reach the plug. Is there a trick to disconnecting the harness or gaining access to the plug?
Have you got the stock midpipe off? If you havent then unbolt it and lower it a bit and then you can get your hand I'm there

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I'm not sure what are having problem with lol. But did you unscrew the sensor from midpipe. Then drop midpipe and unsnap the sensor up close to the top if the tranny.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what are having problem with lol. But did you unscrew the sensor from midpipe. Then drop midpipe and unsnap the sensor up close to the top if the tranny.
I'm trying to unsnap the harness from the sensor. The slack is limited and I'm not sure I even have enough to unscrew it from the pipe first.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Azure said:
I'm trying to unsnap the harness from the sensor. The slack is limited and I'm not sure I even have enough to unscrew it from the pipe first.
Can't you unscrew it from your pipe and take it off then the there will be nothing in your way.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't you unscrew it from your pipe and take it off then the there will be nothing in your way.
Got it! I removed the cable adjust cover of the tranny. That gave me another 1/2" for my arm. There was so little slack on the sensor wire that unscrewing it was not a good idea. I think I'm ready to loosen the existing H bolts now. Whew

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Azure said:
Got it! I removed the cable adjust cover of the tranny. That gave me another 1/2" for my arm. There was so little slack on the sensor wire that unscrewing it was not a good idea. I think I'm ready to loosen the existing H bolts now. Whew
PB blaster them bolts!! Makes life easy

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Oh yeah! What step you on

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Gotten manifold bolts off?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Azure said:
...39 deg, I'm freezing my giblets off. Detached garage, Lol
Lol. Heated sheds are nice to have for winter mods!!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotten manifold bolts off?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Lol. Heated sheds are nice to have for winter mods!!
Loosened one and sprayed the others. The passenger side is gonna suck a little.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yeah I know haha. I ended up spraying them took a air gun and extensions and got them that way.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts