Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I just recieved Upper Control arms. Can anyone tell me if this is easy enough to install these on your own? I have quite an assortment of tools at my disposal. What is the procedure?

I dont want to have to get them installed if I can avoid it... $$$ is kinda tight at the moment.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
To bad they were not lowers our stock uppers are not to bad. But since you have them I would use them also. UNLESS you want to find a trade or sell them and get something else.

But since you want to install them it is a breeze. It is failry easy with the back end of the car jacked up. or even if you decided to take it somewhere it would be cheap!!

Jack the aft end by the body on both sides. Put it on jack stands move the jacks to the axle and jack the rearend to support the weight and take one side out at a time and replace. Pretty simple. the hardest thing sometime is just getting the hardware back in. DO YOU HAVE A B.F.H Big F&*%ing Hammer HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Danger Dude said:
DO YOU HAVE A B.F.H Big F&*%ing Hammer HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have access to a 3, 5 ,8, 10, 15, and 18 pound sledge hammers :p

The Lowers were raffled off 3 before they did the uppers. I would have liked to have gotten the lowers, but hey.... it was free :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
well, youll want a huge torque wrench/break bar instead of a hammer. cant really go swinging an 18lb sledgehammer under your car easily.

best advice is when you get the jack stands under the car, put the jack under the carrier. this will put the alignment in the right spot so you can install the new ones easier. (raise or lower carrier to make easier.)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Dude the B.F.H. was a joke. I would never wail on a car with a giant hammer unless I was trying to destroy it :oops: :D :D :D :D :D
i wailed on my car with 10lb weight plates trying to get bolts loose :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
dude use pnuematics. get a rivet gun or air hammer and get a punch set for it. Saves time and knuckle busting!!!!!

I have been fortunate in that when Im was working on Jets as a mechanic to have collected around $10,000 dollars worth of Snap-on tools

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Danger Dude said:
dude use pnuematics. get a rivet gun or air hammer and get a punch set for it. Saves time and knuckle busting!!!!!

I have been fortunate in that when Im was working on Jets as a mechanic to have collected around $10,000 dollars worth of Snap-on tools
some of us are broke college students :( one day i will have all that stuff. just not while im in school

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dude I did not get it all at once. When you get out of school find a local spot where the snap-on guy stops and get to know him and have him set up a account

1 - 9 of 9 Posts