Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how much you guys pay on insurance for those 5.0s I really need to know as I plan on buying a 2011+ in about 2 or 3 months...

. I know age depends on insurance and if you have tickets, so here's my case I'm 20 and absolutely no tickets

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I pay next to nothing, but my situation is different.

I have an insurance company that covers my house, cars, equipment in the house, etc.

3 cars on there, 0 accidents we have been at fault for ever, 2 tickets total for everyone in the past 5 years, etc.

so we pay literally very little for everything. I think when I figured it out, it was like 30 a month for full coverage on my car but that is with it being discounted for the house, other cars etc.

I think they said it would go to 60 for me if I move out on my own and only have the car covered, but yet again, 24 years old, 1 ticket ever, 1 accident ever that wasn't my fault and they won a fair amount of money from.

If I went to any of the big time insurance companies it was like the other guy somewhere over 100ish.

When I had the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 Progressive wanted 4000 a year to cover me on the car....I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

that car was cheaper to insure than my mustang with my current insurance agency. They scale on a 1-20. Mustang is a 20, my 2007 Tundra is a 20, Chevelle SS 454 was an 11, my 1996 Ford F-150 before it got totaled was a 4.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Insurance Costs

It doesn't matter what we are paying for our insurance, what we pay will probably be a lot different for you. Contact you current insurance company and ask them for a quote. After that, contact several other companies on the Internet.

They will send you a quote, so will will have an idea. For every company that you contact on-line, dont post your current phone number, as they will not leave you alone. Once you buy you car you can then give them your current number. I have Allstate rep that has been calling me for over 3 years and she still doesn't have the clue that her prices are off the chart.l

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know that all of you have different prices and it all varies but I just want to know how much you guys pay for your mustangs, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that have this question but it wouldn't hurt to ask.... My limit would be 200 for insurance or maybe $250

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you call your ins and tell them what you are looking at. They'll type it in and tell you exactly what it's gunna be. I'm paying 215 now. Getting married in 4 months and a house in 2 months. So they said combining all of it will drop it. And when I hit 25 it'll drop again.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Op, if you have another car for a dd, call hagerty collector car insurance. They will hook you up cheap. You name the value you get if totaled.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If all these posts are true, ill be feeling alot better about when I buy my mustang in March. I'm 20, have 1 tickets from when I was 17, and have never been in an accident. I was literally prepared to pay around $400 a month in insurance because that's what friends and family told me I'd probably be paying. If I could pay around $200 a month, that'd be great. Right now I pay $210 a month for a 1999 Tacoma V6. Is that ridiculous?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
If all these posts are true, ill be feeling alot better about when I buy my mustang in March. I'm 20, have 1 tickets from when I was 17, and have never been in an accident. I was literally prepared to pay around $400 a month in insurance because that's what friends and family told me I'd probably be paying. If I could pay around $200 a month, that'd be great. Right now I pay $210 a month for a 1999 Tacoma V6. Is that ridiculous?
I would say no based on my insurance company and when I bought the 2007 tundra I have and was also half heart idly looking at a Tacoma.

For whatever reasons the tacomas hold value like nothing I've ever seen. Specially if it has the V6 over the I4.

I would imagine your insurance company looks at this when considering value of the car and such.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You might be carrying some coverage you don't need with a truck from '99.

·
Registered
35 Posts
21 full coverage w/gap I'm at $460 a month... No accidents, single, and to many points

1 - 20 of 55 Posts