Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question. I'm changing an engine from fuel injection to carbureted and was on summit looking for the parts. Are the intake and carburetor kits good? It is a lot more expensive to buy them separately so it seems to good to be true. It's an edlebrock intake and Holley carb so it sounds good. Any advice? Has anyone used these combo kits?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hey guys I have a question. I'm changing an engine from fuel injection to carbureted and was on summit looking for the parts. Are the intake and carburetor kits good? It is a lot more expensive to buy them separately so it seems to good to be true. It's an edlebrock intake and Holley carb so it sounds good. Any advice? Has anyone used these combo kits?
Personally I would stick with the fuel injection if you have it set up and running. It will start and run smoother and get better fuel mileage.

Those kits are ok, but I would choose a Weiand Stealth intake over the Edelbrock and a 650 carb for a SBF.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The stealth intake is awesome. Had one on an 84 GT I had back in the day. I would go with an edlebrock carb over holley though.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
The stealth intake is awesome. Had one on an 84 GT I had back in the day. I would go with an edlebrock carb over holley though.
:lol: We agree on intakes, but sorry, I wouldn't have an Edelbrock carb. I've had and worked on several. They were prone to wearing out quickly and are a huge PITA to tune compared to the Holley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts