Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if this would work on my 94 gt and is it an improvement over the stock intake

97 Cobra Intake off of Explorer with throtle body $150.00

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Army_Stang said:
i was wondering if this would work on my 94 gt and is it an improvement over the stock intake

97 Cobra Intake off of Explorer with throtle body $150.00
Yes it will work, and yes it's an improvement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what type of improvements should i expect from it? and is it worth 150 ?

Also will a 70mm bbk throttle body off a 93 5.0 work for my 94 5.0 ?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Army_Stang said:
what type of improvements should i expect from it? and is it worth 150 ?

Also will a 70mm bbk throttle body off a 93 5.0 work for my 94 5.0 ?
Should be around 10-15hp improvement over stock. There is a way to get a fox tb to work, gonna see if I can find it real quick. Definitely worth the 150.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help man i think ill hit the guy up and see if i can buy it off him and have him send it to my house......i can sand it and paint it down with high temp eng paint right?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Def worth $150. If it were me I'd sell the TB, and buy an adapter elbow for 94-95 cars and probably go with a 65mm TB.

I say get the right stuff as it will be easier to use the right CAI and MAF. Just my opinion though. But either way it's a good deal and I'd jump on it!

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man but after reading that umm i think ill play it safe and the easy route ill get one for my car...lol...

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Army_Stang said:
thanks man but after reading that umm i think ill play it safe and the easy route ill get one for my car...lol...
That's what I would do, I don't really see any gain in going through all that trouble.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So im trying to get a hold of my friend to contact the guy regards the intake....i hate the waiting game......i was wondering once i get the intake is there a way to clean it up and then paint it is there anything i should caution while painting it?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Army_Stang said:
So im trying to get a hold of my friend to contact the guy regards the intake....i hate the waiting game......i was wondering once i get the intake is there a way to clean it up and then paint it is there anything i should caution while painting it?
You can clean it inside and out with purple stuff or something like it. When sanding and painting be sure to plug up any holes leading inside the intake to keep over spray and dust out. You can use high temp paint if you want but as long as you sand an prep right I don't think it's a must. I did my last GT with the plain Dupli-color and had no issues in 100k miles of use. Having said that you can not go wrong using high temp paint. I like to say if you don't have time or can't afford to do it right then doing it twice is not an option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts