Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a black '04 v6 5 speed, and i wanna make it faster, i already have magnaflow cat back system. i heard that its good to get intake but does it really make a noticeable difference? what's the best intake for v6 mustang?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Any CAI (cold air intake) will do. Just go on ebay and buy the cheapest one you can find that fits your car. I had a DenseCharger and switched to a MAC and I saw ZERO difference on the dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I think it's more the location of the filter than the actual style. So any CAI will do

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a difference?

will i notice a difference between having one and not? how much hp is gained? will i actually feel the increased power?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you probably won't feel a differance maybe 2-4hp , car will be a little more responsive, and may sound a little different

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, so i dont' have a lot of money, so i'll probably go with that intake, but i want something that will actualyl make my car faster or have better handling. is chipping my car worth it? how about eibach pro kit?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
chipping the car is not worth it unless u have lots of mods. and if you get the prokit it will lower your car about 1.5, so it should help handling

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
do a quick search. It is fairly extensive and it is easier to transplant a 4.2L engine in your car. It will run you over a grand easily.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
If you want something that you can feel the power, you should go with an Underdrive pulley. Then you can do some gears and you'll really feel the power. And finally for a in-expensive $2 or so you can remove the slack in your throttle cable with a 1" nylon spacer and some hose clamps.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
97Stallion said:
If you want something that you can feel the power, you should go with an Underdrive pulley. Then you can do some gears and you'll really feel the power. And finally for a in-expensive $2 or so you can remove the slack in your throttle cable with a 1" nylon spacer and some hose clamps.
I used the top of a bic pen and it has worked for about 3 months now, and its a pretty good mod, it will help throttle responce but..... only so much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts