Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Edelbrock
+100

Go to their website you can match the carb and intake to work best together for your power band and engine setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just rebuilt the Autolite 4100 that came on my 65 Fastback. It has absolutely never run better now that the fuel levels are correct. I punched it at 35 mph and spun the tires a little. I really don't drive it hard but just wanted to feel it after the "heart transplant". I'm no expert but have done a lot of reading. Of course, I may be wanting to stay with original engineering and read that into my decision. I have two 4100's and set them up the same.
Now I have had people tell me to go with Holley or edlebrock. I know they would be fine. I might like to switch to an aluminum intake after getting it polished. But I really only drive it like an old man. I am one but just have to get the feeling of young some times.

·
Registered
161 Posts
most people these days recommend either the edelbrock or the holley intakes, but weiand makes a good intake as well, and they tend to run a bit less than the others. as for carbs, that is a choice that can be tough to make. i prefer edelbrocks, but holley, demon, and summit all make good carbs as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
lots of choices depending on your set up, where and how you will drive it, talk to local speed shop they should be able to help the most. resist the urge for big carb , fords don't like big carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts