Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the absolutely highest flowing upper and lower intake manifold on the market for 1994-95 mustangs? Money is no object btw so post away. Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Systemax 2 seems to be the verdict but every website sells them under the 1986-93 section. Shouldn't it still be compatible with 1994-95s tho? What about the Edelbrock performer RPM 2? I know you're using it. How does it compare?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The Systemax 2 seems to be the verdict but every website sells them under the 1986-93 section. Shouldn't it still be compatible with 1994-95s tho? What about the Edelbrock performer RPM 2? I know you're using it. How does it compare?
Yes they are compatible with the 94-95s, I'm not sure the airflow rates , they both make the power in the 1,500-6,500 RPM range. The systemMax 2 intake just seems to be the more popular one.

My brother is running the systemMax 2 on his 347 stroker and he's putting down 445rwhp but he is running AFR 225 heads

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they are compatible with the 94-95s, I'm not sure the airflow rates , they both make the power in the 1,500-6,500 RPM range. The systemMax 2 intake just seems to be the more popular one.

My brother is running the systemMax 2 on his 347 stroker and he's putting down 445rwhp but he is running AFR 225 heads
Dang!! AFR sells some glorious heads. From what I saw in a Car Craft article, the 185ccs with a better upper and lower and 1.7rr, I should see about a 130hp gain. Well I guess the Systemax 2 is next on my list. Will the TF elbow adapter bolt up to the Systemax 2?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yes it will, what valve covers do you have? I had to get tall valve covers because of the 1.7 and I had to get the ones that you cut the breather / oil fill yourself because of clearance issues with the elbow adapters !

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still just have the factory valve covers. It's odd to me that the elbow adapter wouldn't clear. Will the manifold clear taller valve covers or do you need a phonetic spacer?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I still just have the factory valve covers. It's odd to me that the elbow adapter wouldn't clear. Will the manifold clear taller valve covers or do you need a phonetic spacer?
I had to use a TrickFlow 1 inch spacer .

I bought the black cobra valve covers with the polished Finns and the elbow adapter turned right I to the oil fill :-/ so that's when I had to go with the tall ones and drilled my own oil fill !

I'll try and find the picture of what I'm talking about

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I had to use a TrickFlow 1 inch spacer .

I bought the black cobra valve covers with the polished Finns and the elbow adapter turned right I to the oil fill :-/ so that's when I had to go with the tall ones and drilled my own oil fill !

I'll try and find the picture of what I'm talking about
Here you can see !

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh! I see how that could be a problem. I bet it was fun drilling and sealing that valve cover. Any idea on the gains I would see from the Systemax 2 alone? I'll probably be deleting the egr soon so I figure a new upper and lower would make it easier.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Ahh! I see how that could be a problem. I bet it was fun drilling and sealing that valve cover. Any idea on the gains I would see from the Systemax 2 alone? I'll probably be deleting the egr soon so I figure a new upper and lower would make it easier.
I'm not 100% on the gains alone .

It wasn't to bad drilling it out , I had to I stall a baffle grommet where I drilled the whole so oil wouldn't come up and out the breather cap!

I had to drill the fill / breather cap by the number 4 cylinder !

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not 100% on the gains alone .

It wasn't to bad drilling it out , I had to I stall a baffle grommet where I drilled the whole so oil wouldn't come up and out the breather cap!

I had to drill the fill / breather cap by the number 4 cylinder !
Well if it doesn't leak, you did a good job. Any help on deleting the egr? I know block off plates are in order but won't it throw a code with the sensor unplugged? I'm thinking ill need some type of simulator to plug in.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Well if it doesn't leak, you did a good job. Any help on deleting the egr? I know block off plates are in order but won't it throw a code with the sensor unplugged? I'm thinking ill need some type of simulator to plug in.
I got the EGR plate and smog pump delete kit, check engine came on once and I cleared it, ..... Cars been dynoed and driven since and no code has come up since !

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the EGR plate and smog pump delete kit, check engine came on once and I cleared it, ..... Cars been dynoed and driven since and no code has come up since !
Sounds good to me. I suppose I'll delete the egr and see if any codes pop up. I thought I'd ask since I'm in the process of doing away with all the emissions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts