Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
R.I.P. - 10/06/2021
1,234 Posts
I don't think so. I think there is someone working on one but can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Honestly there aren't much gains to be had from intake manifolds on either 3.7 or the 4.0!! Cause on both the runners go are long and go straight down into the port which is usually the basis for any v8 hi po intake design.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Honestly there aren't much gains to be had from intake manifolds on either 3.7 or the 4.0!! Cause on both the runners go are long and go straight down into the port which is usually the basis for any v8 hi po intake design.
Long for torque and direct for horsepower, not gona find a much better balanced one than stock cause nothing feels worse than lost torque!

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I would concure. However, most folks are after looks over performance, which the aftermarket thrives on these days.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Depends on what kind, like my catback got me 16rwhp and 23rw torque but it's a straight through design with minimal restriction. But say a Borla ATAK catback will net you probably 8-10HP without a midpipe but add an x-pipe to that catback combo and you could see about 15HP gain
What is YOUR cat-back?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Does that affect the emissions test at all or does it stay within reg? My ultimate goal is to get at least 305+ at the wheels
From what I've been reading to get that you're going to have to break the law on the exhaust. CAI, tune, LT headers, O/R X pipe and cat back. That combined looks to get anywhere from 285 rwhp - 297rwhp. Haven't seen any V6 with over 300 rwhp N/A yet, but I keep looking.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
What is YOUR cat-back?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

From what I've been reading to get that you're going to have to break the law on the exhaust. CAI, tune, LT headers, O/R X pipe and cat back. That combined looks to get anywhere from 285 rwhp - 297rwhp. Haven't seen any V6 with over 300 rwhp N/A yet, but I keep looking.
R u serious? My car stock did 276HP to the wheels. I have everything u mentioned and waiting for our dyno day but i cant believe after all the mods i can only make 20HP difference like u state. With tune to bring it all together i think i would be making more than 310HP to the wheels at least!

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

What is YOUR cat-back?

I also have a BBK TB and a Custom One Piece driveshaft made for my car.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
R u serious? My car stock did 276HP to the wheels. I have everything u mentioned and waiting for our dyno day but i cant believe after all the mods i can only make 20HP difference like u state. With tune to bring it all together i think i would be making more than 310HP to the wheels at least!

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I also have a BBK TB and a Custom One Piece driveshaft made for my car.
It's cause y'all's newer cars don't have as much to improve on

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
It's cause y'all's newer cars don't have as much to improve on
-____- really bro? So ur saying a full bolt on "newer" 5.0 will not have much to improve on? Or a full bolt on "newer" 3.7 wont make much improvements? Wow bro thats honestly a very big uneducated assumption. No disrespect but last i checked a full bolt on V6 N/A does 11's which to most track guys is impressive for a N/A V6. A stock 5.0 in my area will do 12.7-12.9 so for a 3.7 to beat a stock 5.0 that has 100HP more is great. So if u don't mind next time please just do a little more research bro. No offense intended its just annoying when someone says we cant do something just cuz our newer cars don't have big blocks or too high tech unlike back in the day.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts