Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Next step is to pull the old intake manifold. If you didnt know ford has a special tool needed to unhook the fuel line. Once you have the manifold off you may reuse the intake gaskets if they are in good condition. However im assuming they could stand to be replaced anyway. Go ahead and install new gaskets and then bolt on your new intake. Ensure you bolt on the intake with a torque wrench in proper order. If your new intake didnt come with torque specs and intallation instructions you can find some online or who ever supplied the intake should be able to give you support.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

So, torque wrench, socket set, and the fuel line disconnection tool from ford are the tools you will need. FYI I recall somthing about having to unbolt a bracket of some sort on the back of the engine which is the hardest part of the project unless what im thinking of is crown victoria specific.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

If you have any further questions I will try to help.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DieselStang said:
Next step is to pull the old intake manifold. If you didnt know ford has a special tool needed to unhook the fuel line. Once you have the manifold off you may reuse the intake gaskets if they are in good condition. However im assuming they could stand to be replaced anyway. Go ahead and install new gaskets and then bolt on your new intake. Ensure you bolt on the intake with a torque wrench in proper order. If your new intake didnt come with torque specs and intallation instructions you can find some online or who ever supplied the intake should be able to give you support.
Yea I got someone doing it for me I just didnt know if that was the only thing I needed. How much are gaskets?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I forget how much they cost seprate but if you bought your intake new it should have come with red or orange colored gaskets for the head and plenum side of the intake manifold. If not a basic parts store like napa or autozone should be able to supply you with some. Make a few calls to your local parts stores and see if they have the intake gaskets in stock.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Of coarse theres no way to know if you really need the new gaskets until you get the old intake off..

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I like swapping the intake manifolds on these cars. Fun and easy half a day project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts