Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for more power. Either Ford Racing Intake manifold or the C&L Intake manifold. What's better ? Heard some bad and good about the ford racing. Haven't heard much about the C&L. Thanks !

·
Registered
421 Posts
Search the forum you will find this has been beat to death. They all are about the same. I hear the JLT 3 is one of the popular ones. Ford racing looks good under the hood but is quite expensive. You pick what you like best the power comes from the tune.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Are you looking for a 'Cold Air Intake' or an 'Intake Manifold' they are two different things...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP is looking for a "Manifold" as stated in the thread title. Have you seen this....

cnlperformance.com
Yea I've seen it. I just wanted to hear from people who actually have either one. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Oh in that case I wouldnt change it unless you going with a supercharger or turbo you probably wont notice anything
Really ? Heard from some that the manifold with other bolt ons and a tune give nice power

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Search the forum you will find this has been beat to death. They all are about the same. I hear the JLT 3 is one of the popular ones. Ford racing looks good under the hood but is quite expensive. You pick what you like best the power comes from the tune.
I was taking about intake manifolds, not cold air intakes. The ford racing intake is nice but I heard it had some problems where it kinda flexed with throttle.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
What are you mods now?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are you mods now?
C&L cai. Flowmaster catbacks. Cat deletes. LT headers. From there I was thinking to do some pulleys, intake manifold, throttle body, maybe change gears and put cams. I know they all give small gains, but it all adds up

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
C&L cai. Flowmaster catbacks. Cat deletes. LT headers. From there I was thinking to do some pulleys, intake manifold, throttle body, maybe change gears and put cams. I know they all give small gains, but it all adds up
I would do gears, then UDPs then cams then intake

·
Registered
916 Posts
The intake manifold will go nice with cams or supercharger. Otherwise it's not worth it and you'll only see like a 5-10 HP difference

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
C&L performance's major downside is that it isn't composite like the Ford or OEM one so the cooling aspect of the composite one is lost.

Otherwise, they both perform well. As far as the HP gains, a few dynos (I say a few because while there are many dynos outs, not many on a before and after method, show the Ford manifold is good for 8-14 HP Wheel but mainly on a cammed 3V.

Heads and valve work have showed worthy gains above 5500 almost of 20WHP but you have to decide if it is "worth it".

·
Registered
292 Posts
Take it from me it is NOT worth it. When I had my 07 gt I put the ford racing manifold on and if anything I lost torque. Don't do it unless you are going turbo or centrifugal supercharger. It is a waste of 500 bucks if you are staying n/a. It does look cool though.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Take it from me it is NOT worth it. When I had my 07 gt I put the ford racing manifold on and if anything I lost torque. Don't do it unless you are going turbo or centrifugal supercharger. It is a waste of 500 bucks if you are staying n/a. It does look cool though.
With cams it has shown to put up 17 to 20 whp after 5400 which is worth it if you're going for peak power while willing to lose low end torque. Cams and heads has shown 25 to even 40 whp with a big cam. The 'worth' is entirely dependent on the goals of the OP. You definitely lose some torque under 5k.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I didn't hear any talk about cams and heads but that is true. But 2500 bucks is a little steep for 20ish horsepower Imo.
Well you have to consider the cumulative gain from heads, cams and manifold. Easily 4 times that. That is the money pit I'm heading towards anyway lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts