Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi was just wondering i bought a 99 gt now is there a different intake ie.
can i change it to a 04 gt intake or is it the same?
thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
More or less they are the same. But you can get a new intake. A few company's make them. I believe accufab makes one. It's suppose to be a little better design by increasing the volume of the intake for a better flow and can use up to a 75mm TB. Some of this I'm speculating like the 75mm TB size, but I guess you could call it a educated speculation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
acufab doesnt make intakes, they make throttle bodies. The only intakes available for modular gt's are the Reinhard intake, the P-51, bullet and i believe frp makes one too

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
you never clarified upper intake plenum, you said intake . And I am not a newbie bro, only here at this forum:mad: .

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
ScottEvil said:
you never clarified upper intake plenum, you said intake . And I am not a newbie bro, only here at this forum:mad: .
gees, don't get your panties in a knot, I was just messing with you. :p: And a plenum is another word for an intake. You have 2 intakes like everybody else, and upper and lower. So if you get a new upper plenum, you're getting a new intake, same thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well i guess im looking for the lower intake then notr the plenum plan for a c&l plenam and t/b but there was a recall one the lower intake something about the attachments for the alternator but do they just put some new pieces on it or do u get a new intake

·
Registered
123 Posts
The lower intake is plastic so it is all one piece. there is no performance increase between the 99-04 intakes. UPPER Intakes And Plenums are the separate parts. They choices for LOWER intakes is limited and very expensive. The UPPER intake is where you should focus on more being that is where the restricction starts. You UPPER can only supply the LOWER so much. CAI and Throttle Body and Plenum is where you should start. If you do the lower first and do nothing else to compensate you may hurt performance not help it! I hope I listed everything right....I wouldn't want to get yelled at!hahaha

Ted

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The aftermarket upper intake plenums, unless I am mistaken, will only work with the stock lower intake, the aftermarket intakes wouldn't work with them at all, and the bullet intake works with a cobra plenum and t bodies I believe, so it wouldn't be any good with the after market upper intake plenums either, so if you plan to go with the expensive lower intakes, then you might as well forget the upper intake plenums. Oh, and the Accufab upper intake plenum while nice looking and expensive, and will work with a 75mm tbody, is only designed for a 70mm maximum. The other available ones are all designed to take a 75mm and are considerably less money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts