Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
pony 1 said:
Does the after market cold air intakes make much difference on the 2013 gt's
Most intakes require a tune, CAI alone wouldn't give u much more than a 2-3 hp gain at best. Just do a search on here as there are TONS of threads discussing this matter and u may get the answer u want right away

·
Registered
106 Posts
airaid makes good cai and with just the intake you should definitely feel the extra 8-12 hp and torque gain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Without a tune a cai is basically for looks... $300 for appearance not performance
Yea true , but if yur on a budget and can't get both at once , its a good place to start. Doesn't look stock.

·
Registered
488 Posts
asmith2109 said:
Yea true , but if yur on a budget and can't get both at once , its a good place to start. Doesn't look stock.
I'd get a tuner first then cai... Tuners are where the power comes from cai little to none but they do sound cool :) lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
I'd get a tuner first then cai... Tuners are where the power comes from cai little to none but they do sound cool :) lol
+1

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

pony 1 said:
I'd go with a jlt or steeda CAI. You will feel a nice difference with this and a tune

·
Registered
916 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I would not go with JLT but I highly recommend Steeda! To many issues with JLT
Really? I haven't heard any issues with the JLT on the 5.0s. What problems are they having?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Mostly surging issues. It has been tuned around but honestly i still dont trust it. just look at it vs the Steeda, Steeda is much more well engineered and high quality.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I'm on my second Steeda, only issue I have with it is too much powa for street tires!!!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stang23 said:
Really? I haven't heard any issues with the JLT on the 5.0s. What problems are they having?
Jlt is great with gains don't get me wrong, but I read up something about it taking in too much warm/hot air due to the cheaply designed shield box, as the plastic wasn't very high quality.

Does it use the stock ram air inlet?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
asmith2109 said:
Jlt is great with gains don't get me wrong, but I read up something about it taking in too much warm/hot air due to the cheaply designed shield box, as the plastic wasn't very high quality.

Does it use the stock ram air inlet?
The biggest issue that I hear about is surging from a noisy maf signal. This is caused by the placement of the air filter on the intake tube not being clear, and it is very easy to push too far onto the intake tube, this creates a pocket of air outside it the intake tube but still inside of the filter and when this pocket spills over into the intake tube the maf sensor reads a higher airflow and then also pushes for more fuel. This creates rpm surges

·
Registered
916 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
The biggest issue that I hear about is surging from a noisy maf signal. This is caused by the placement of the air filter on the intake tube not being clear, and it is very easy to push too far onto the intake tube, this creates a pocket of air outside it the intake tube but still inside of the filter and when this pocket spills over into the intake tube the maf sensor reads a higher airflow and then also pushes for more fuel. This creates rpm surges
Hmm, interesting. I haven't heard too much about this on the 5.0s but I know on the 05-09 cars the JLT is one of the best and doesn't have issues.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts