Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Off topic but how do you like your wing? I'm wanting to get one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venomouz831 said:
Like upper intake or CAI?
Cai

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Coreyw428 said:
Like the whole intake? Id pm 32vnomad, he knows alot on 4valves... If cold air intake I like bbk or jlt
Yea cai, I was thinking bbk also!

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Rosco said:
Off topic but how do you like your wing? I'm wanting to get one.
I actually like it a lot! You should go for it!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I ran bbk for a long time on my car and never had any problems, and it made a nice whistle sound when I'd get on it, also looks great under the hood... Jlt also looks great to but I think there a lil more expensive to

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coreyw428 said:
I ran bbk for a long time on my car and never had any problems, and it made a nice whistle sound when I'd get on it, also looks great under the hood... Jlt also looks great to but I think there a lil more expensive to
Did you notice any power differences?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coreyw428 said:
I could a lil bit, felt like it would pull a lil harder on higher rpms
Alright thanks! Ill probably go with bbk, I've never understood why intakes are so much more expensive for cobras than a gt or v6 on American muscle either

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Alright thanks! Ill probably go with bbk, I've never understood why intakes are so much more expensive for cobras than a gt or v6 on American muscle either
Also, keep in mind that the more mods your Cobra has the more you'll see improvements with the CAI. The air intake is just the first piece of the puzzle in a sense. With full exhaust, and or cams, you'll see an even bigger jump with the overall power band.

I think you went with a good choice though. We sell a lot of BBK CAI's for the 96-98 Cobras. They're a nice clean setup, I think you'll really like it!

Shane

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AMShaneLesky said:
Also, keep in mind that the more mods your Cobra has the more you'll see improvements with the CAI. The air intake is just the first piece of the puzzle in a sense. With full exhaust, and or cams, you'll see an even bigger jump with the overall power band.

I think you went with a good choice though. We sell a lot of BBK CAI's for the 96-98 Cobras. They're a nice clean setup, I think you'll really like it!

Shane
What do the camshafts do?

·
Registered
813 Posts
What do the camshafts do?
Cams open and close the valves to let in air and fuel and let out exhaust. When you change cams you are adding a longer opening times for the valves to input the A/F mixture and also output the exhaust. They say the bigger the better. Also is what can give your car that lope sound that you hear at the dragstrip from full blown race engines. Youtube it and you'll see what I'm talking about sound wise. Keep in mind though, some cams require recesses in the pistons for non interference. Thats the easiest way I know to explain it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
95v686gt said:
Cams open and close the valves to let in air and fuel and let out exhaust. When you change cams you are adding a longer opening times for the valves to input the A/F mixture and also output the exhaust. They say the bigger the better. Also is what can give your car that lope sound that you hear at the dragstrip from full blown race engines. Youtube it and you'll see what I'm talking about sound wise. Keep in mind though, some cams require recesses in the pistons for non interference. Thats the easiest way I know to explain it.
Thanks! Ill start looking into them! Do you know if theyr hard to install?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks! Ill start looking into them! Do you know if theyr hard to install?
If you've never tackled something like this before then yes it will be. Timing marks have to be lined up, plus you got to pull the valve covers and change all 4 cams. If you've never done this before I'd recommend taking it to a speciality shop. I'd say the dealer but they are pretty pricey for things like this. Do you plan on a blower of turbo set up? If so then plan around that. Cause you'll want the cams to be for that set up. There's alot more to it then just unbolt remove and replace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts