Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have started to customize my interior this weekend, from the green/ tan interior to the black/ chrome, and I am having a problem removing the center console bezel. Do any of you guys know what steps are needed to be taken to finally remove the bezel so it can be primed and painted? Please let me know. You can e mail me at: [email protected]
Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just remove your stereo. There are some torx screws holding the piece to the frame of your car. Unscrew them and you're home free.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Get a really long screwdriver with the hex bit too, it's kind of hard to get at since it is under the stereo support rail.

·
Registered
62 Posts
whipster24 said:
Get a really long screwdriver with the hex bit too, it's kind of hard to get at since it is under the stereo support rail.
Isn't a "hex" bit an allen wrench? Torx screws are different and thus require the star-shaped torx screwdrivers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
well, you can use a hex bit on a torx screw, but a torx bit is better of course. It has been a couple years since I did that, so my memory is a tad foggy :rolleyes:

either way, use a long one so you can actually get some leverage on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts