Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you guys know how to pass the firewall and into the battery? And what would you connect the led to? I have a base model v6 2013 and anything would be helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you have light strips you can pull power from the fuse block without going thru the firewall, the cigarette lighter and radio always have constant power. There are two ways to do this pull the fuse , stick your wire into the slot, push fuse back in, or autozone sells a fuse with a wire already on it with a butt connector and you can wire it that way, the grounds can be put where it will make good metal to metal contact, wire them to your switch and you should have some nice lighting

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rm360 said:
If you have light strips you can pull power from the fuse block without going thru the firewall, the cigarette lighter and radio always have constant power. There are two ways to do this pull the fuse , stick your wire into the slot, push fuse back in, or autozone sells a fuse with a wire already on it with a butt connector and you can wire it that way, the grounds can be put where it will make good metal to metal contact, wire them to your switch and you should have some nice lighting
Thanks for the help, how do you suppose I hide the wires?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for the help, how do you suppose I hide the wires?
I hid my sub and amp wires under all the plastic like panels in my car. Almost everything in the interior that is plastic just snaps in. I would say pull it up put the wires under or in and run it through to where you need to go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V6in said:
I hid my sub and amp wires under all the plastic like panels in my car. Almost everything in the interior that is plastic just snaps in. I would say pull it up put the wires under or in and run it through to where you need to go.
How do you suppose I pull out the center? With the music audio and heat and stuff? I wonder if there was a clip on it on youtube

·
Registered
964 Posts
Post some pics of what you are trying to wire up . The fuse idea will be easy and work good . Just try to. Find one that only has power when the switch is on or you're light may not turn off when the car is off . If I remember rite

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Your red accent lights look sick!

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
This is my setup. I have 2 orange lights on my speakers that are on my rear window. Then i change the ones under my dash and my center console to all sorts of colors
Sick love the blue with the orange

1 - 20 of 24 Posts