Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first visited this forum I found a few threads with reliable, organized lists to improve performance on the V6. There were a few disagreements but for the most part it was very easy to follow and so far very effective.

I've improved the exterior of my Mustang, I am in the process of making it perform better... I would also like to touch up the interior. I realize the interior is much more subjective to personal taste than engine components, but I would appreciate any and all opinions on a few ideas:

1) If you have modified your interior and had to do it all over again, would you plan it differently?

2) What order would you begin improving? Dash, pedals, door locks:lol: ?

3) What do you think of dash kits (e.g. carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, etc.)? There are 13 pc, 15 pc, 22 pc... what brands are reliable?

4) What brands did you try for anything? Are there any that just sucked (chrome peeled off, pedals didn't fit well, etc.)?

5) Where did you find the best values?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions as I think of them but I'm trying to put a plan together for the interior. Nothing extravagant, but I would like to simply improve the driving experience for the driver and the passengers. If any of you have pics that would be great too.

I appreciate all your help so far.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't know what i would do if i did it all over again.. but what i have done, is the bullit pedals, and shifter trim ring, and carbon fiber overlays...
I have pics of the overlays, and the trim ring, but not of the pedals, I got the overlays from http://www.nycdashes.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=174
I happy with them,you can also get them at http://crossroadzdirect.com/ if i re did these i would have gone with the molded kit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mineral... One thing I noticed (or maybe I'm not noticing the right things) is that, when I've found the molded overlays, they don't seem to have as many pieces. Have you had any problems with the yours or do the molded just look better?
I did find the Bullitt Pedals... and I agree with you... I like them the best. Where did you get the trim ring?

Your interior is excellent. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Thanks :) I havent had any problems with the overlays, I ordered the full 18 pc kit.About the molded ones, I just think that the molded ones look cleaner. I got the trim ring off of ebay for about $20. Im more than happy to help;)

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very, very nice Norwegian! The two-tone effect is outstanding... especially the view of the passenger door open. The flow from the tint of the windows down through the dash and the top of the doors is an excellent idea. I have a tan interior as well, but working with a red car versus the black I'm not quite sure that it would look as good on mine as it does on yours. Plus, Louisiana has some funky laws on tinting -- they pulled over a friend of mine in his SUV and warned him about the tint being too dark (It's a stock Suburban, he's 40, with children and it is a FACTORY TINT!!! What a bunch of idiots.)

Regardless, I'm certainly saving your pics to review during my plan. It really is an impressive car. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My tint is illegal over here though. If I get pulled over, I got to remove it and pay a $450 fine.
But I usually drive topless :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks guys, I spray painted them myself.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
oh yeah, but do you have a tread depth gauge too??lol Ill be there one more year( been 2 already) untill i finish up my law enforcement acadamy

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
At Paper Flames Racing, they do the hand-laid carbon fiber over your core pieces (I.E. A/C Vent Bezel, Door Cup Panel, Taillight Bezel, ect.) and they are very expensive.

I'm doing mine in carbon fiber accessories. I already have the carbon fiber parking brake handle. Next up will be the carbon fiber FR500 shift knob and a carbon fiber instrument panel overlay. And that will be it for the carbon fiber.

I've learned that it is best not to overdo anything. Like ordering everything from the UPR catalog and installing it. It takes attention from the interior away and lends it to the billet accessories.

However, with Tony's black interior, all that carbon fiber accessories pays off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry about the delay in answering... I owe at least two of you an answer.

To Redline -- I do like your boots very much. I am interested in the two tone that you showed in another thread... as soon as I figure out the colors.

To Dom -- you are exactly right. It's easy to go overboard.

Now, a question to the general public... I need some opinions. I ordered a "brushed aluminum" dash kit and it was decent quality. However, I have one of those crappy tan interiors :disgust: :arg: ! I held up the first piece to the interior and it just looked horrible.

I'm thinking about painting the trim as suggested on mustangworld.com, but I don't have any ideas as far as colors go. Please offer some suggestions on colors that would match and actually look decent (and ripping out the entire interior is not one!). I would like a color that would work with the tan and ugly brown dash as well as the billet accents.

I appreciate your anticipated suggestions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No offense meant Brent... that's why I don't want to change mine. My frustration comes from not knowing what to accent it with... the tan stays clean easy and isn't as hot as black here in New Orleans.

I have no color coordination at all. I'm thinking of doing the paint thing, but that's a one shot deal. If I get some good suggestions I can paint some cardboard cut-outs first and see how it goes. I'd rather waste $50 in paint and have something decent at the end instead of the alternate.

I appreciate your posting so quickly... and, Brent, I'm sorry about the comment on the tan... it's only the frustration. I think I have some left over after installing the billet pedals.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
tan sucks to clean. thats the hardest cars we have at work to clean. haha once they get dirty they are done for. i love my black, but i dont know man, if you have tan... not much u can do..

1 - 20 of 68 Posts