Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12 gt, and I keep having issues with pesky little things. Like the first week i had to get the passenger sun visor replaced because the lid on the mirror was broke and the mirror light wouldn't shut off, the next week the same thing happened to the driver side. Then the chrome trim around the shifter(auto) ,was loose and you could pick it up by hand. Now i've notice the little triangle piece on the driver door , the plastic clamp is broke off and rattles around. I bought this car brand new btw. Does anyone else have any of these issues??

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 13 GT prem. with the track pack and nothing inside has broken, but one of the fog lights in the grill went out. 600.00 warranty work. I had to drive a free rental a Fusion ( it sucked ) god how I love my mustang, just got it back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JayblesStang said:
I have had the same exact problem with the visor mirror cover staying open with the light on, had it replaced.
At least im not the only one lol its no big deal really, just annoying.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The chrome rings around my guages rattle. I've been meaning to ask them to look at them. Also just thought about fixing it myself.

Might ask them about it when I take my car in next.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
I think they paid to much attention to the new motor and forgot about all the small stuff
I still believe we got a bargain for the $$ I'm not impressed with the materials used in the interior... My drivers seat is already showing wear, it's not a DD nor do I drag myself in and out and I only have 8k on my 2011 premium GT and other car in its class like an M3 has quality materials but of course for double the $$ and we can run with them stock for stock... I'm not complaining :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gtstyles2 said:
I still believe we got a bargain for the $$ I'm not impressed with the materials used in the interior... My drivers seat is already showing wear, it's not a DD nor do I drag myself in and out and I only have 8k on my 2011 premium GT and other car in its class like an M3 has quality materials but of course for double the $$ and we can run with them stock for stock... I'm not complaining :)
I agree... I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one in a heartbeat

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
nosympathy said:
The chrome rings around my guages rattle. I've been meaning to ask them to look at them. Also just thought about fixing it myself.

Might ask them about it when I take my car in next.
Me toooo!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not a single problem with mine. It's a '13 base GT w/ Recaros. Everything is solid, and the fabric on the seats looks pretty tough. The materials aren't luxo, but that's not what I was looking for, and IMHO it's the best interior I've seen in a Mustang. We do get a screaming deal for what we get in these cars. I also would not hesitate to buy another.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not a single problem with mine. It's a '13 base GT w/ Recaros. Everything is solid, and the fabric on the seats looks pretty tough. The materials aren't luxo, but that's not what I was looking for, and IMHO it's the best interior I've seen in a Mustang. We do get a screaming deal for what we get in these cars. I also would not hesitate to buy another.
Same here '13 GT w/Recaros. Only thing i've noticed is when you first start out sometimes there's a squeaking noise from the window but if you lower it then raise it the noise goes away, kinda like the seal on the auto-index doesn't seat right. Minor complaint to me. Love my GT!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Anyone have tinted windows and get vertical marks all over?? I've had my driver side done over twice and it keeps doing it...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
Try cleaning in between the glass and the rubber lining it with a ear pick or you can blow in all the debris with a air compressor.
It's definitely not dirt, it's been doing it since new... My car really hasn't been thru the elements... I can count the times I been caught in the rain with it... But I am coping with the fact that these are affordable sports cars and there's a lot of things that aren't gonna be perfect... Like I noticed when I'm on the highway going 60+ mph with the radio off and windows up I hear things moving around in my drivers door, not super loud but still not quiet

·
Registered
729 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
It's definitely not dirt, it's been doing it since new... My car really hasn't been thru the elements... I can count the times I been caught in the rain with it... But I am coping with the fact that these are affordable sports cars and there's a lot of things that aren't gonna be perfect... Like I noticed when I'm on the highway going 60+ mph with the radio off and windows up I hear things moving around in my drivers door, not super loud but still not quiet
I've test driven these 3 in the past 2 weeks trying to figure out which ones going to be my 3rd mustang and luckly they've hadn't made any noise out of the ordinary.....which one would you pick by the way?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
I've test driven these 3 in the past 2 weeks trying to figure out which ones going to be my 3rd mustang and luckly they've hadn't made any noise out of the ordinary.....which one would you pick by the way?
I qould say white 5.0

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
Why are the V6 and the 4.6L even options?! Take that 5.0!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
U know how it is on forums, we all inflate small problems into being a real problem when it isn't a big issue.... But anyways it a no brainer we would all say get the 5.0 regardless of color or whatever... Even in stock form these are rabid beasts and a great platform to start with

1 - 20 of 33 Posts