Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a few questions. First ima start by saying that I want to swap the while interior if my 99 snake, it's brown with dark brown interior. I hate the color because my paint is black. So I want to know what year interior parts will fit my mustang, is it 94-04? I'm planning on doing it black inside and taking out the carpet and doing it black as well. Thnks, this will be a project as I go along since funds are low right now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Everything is pretty much the same from 94-04. 98 and older the door panels are diff i believe and the dashes are diff the 98 down have clocks on top of the dash. I have a black 99 with med parch int like you i love it if i remember correctly they only made 212 or 412 in that color combo thats one of the lowest numbered combos out there for any color combo. Just means to me that not many people have the same combo

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So 94-04 seats will work but only 99-04 panels will wolf

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Work*

·
Registered
433 Posts
Pretty much why not just buy some nice black racing seats do a black reseat delete change the carpet and paint the dash

·
Registered
535 Posts
98 never had the dash clock, that ended in 97. 94-98 interior is black, not the charcoal they use for new edges. I believe the only difference between the seats is convertibles and coupes, not the years.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Close enough on the clock though but good luck

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I might do some racing seats... Just want to change the color of the panels, carpet, headliner and what not

·
Registered
433 Posts
Im thinking about smoothing out the texture in mine and painting it back to the tan to give it a cleaner look. My buddy did that to his silver lightning years ago came out really nice

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of painting the panels but idk how that would come out like

·
Registered
433 Posts
Depends on how you do it. If you sand it down and paint it like you would the outside of the car it would look great. But if u just rattle can it itll look like poop. But most of the door panel i believe is vinyl so it wont sand you either dye it or use vinyl paint

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ven I have a 99 and bolted up some terminator seats, they fit perfectly.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I've seen on other forums about painting the plastic and...don't do it!!!

Two other guys just did it and months later its all peeling off-ruined there interiors.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats cause they spray painted it. Theres others steps to include to paint plastics. Ive painted cars for a living and have helped paint quite a few dashes and other interior parts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok well ill prob just looks for a car that's parting out and see if I can get the whole interior. Some dude totaled his termi but he sais he's gonna wait to see if someone buys the car as a whole before he parts it out.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'll throw this in there really quick, 94-98 seats are more comfy than the 99-04. Just saying from having both. :)

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the guy doesn't text back about the 03 cobra. Some guy is selling his 95 cobra front and rear black leather seats. Will they directly bolt on?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Everything from a 94'-04' will work with your car. The differences-
94'-97' have the clock on the dash
98' is the exact same as the previous but without a dash clock
The 99-04 have the double din center bezel, where the 94-98 has the split in the middle
Also, 99-04 has different cup holders

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I'm sure there's a few more differences.. lol

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good thanks. I will prob end up getting the seats he is selling then. He's asking 300 for the front and back

·
Registered
370 Posts
That's not a bad price at all. Last guy I talked to wanted $450. Wouldn't go down either.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts