Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my cars' been sitting ~ 2 months while I did the timing chain

all's back together and it seems to be running okay at idle/revving it up with no load - no leaks/drips/odd noises - timing's set at 12* advance running premium gas..

when driving it.. punching the gas a bit.. its stumbling intermittently, not frequently enough to be a dead miss, but definitely there, it's accelerating, then its not, then accelerating again.. a dead time of sorts

anyone have any ideas what it could be?
I don't have access to my PCED like I usually would :(

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found I could wobble my distributor cap a little bit side to side.. so I'm gonna replace that, then see where I can go from there.. in the meantime, anyone have any ideas?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
are all the plugs gapped right and all still good?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZimStang said:
are all the plugs gapped right and all still good?
should be, I haven't changed them.. though they ran alright til I jumped time..

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
check your plugs and wires then, always try to fix the simple first!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds like what i have.i did a tune upa nd timing and now my car isnt just missing.its totally backfiring.its not the firing order,map sensor or pressure regulator. i think my pump might be going but i can hear it clearly when i turn the key and the exhaust smells REALLY rich.anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
whooo back from the dead..

sorry...

erm..

my problem ended up being a faulty coil --
if you're backfiring that badly you either have a leaky injector or your distributor is entirely out of time.. (maybe whomever set it was wrong?) or perhaps your rotor is damaged/broken?

where exactly in NJ are you? (I'm right near vineland..) perhaps I could try to help you out?

do you have AIM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well.i did the timing myself.and i think it kight be an injector as well.only thing is that its not leaking becauyse the only gas smell is when i sart the car and not while its runnin. i myself am from jackson.and my aim adress is firehellfire.if you can help me out it would be great.ive spent so much money trying to find out the problem.do you have an obd scanner.that would REALLY help

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Coil pack is what i would have suggested next... I had that problem for a while and couldnt figure it out for the life of me. Glad you got it goin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts