Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. It's officially her (my) toy. which means she gets to make all the decisions, and I get to do all the work!

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think you can do a V8 swap on a 1965. It has to be unethical or something.

The VIN will always show it as a 200ci I6. Won't it decrease it's value to do a V8 swap? There are fewer and fewer mostly original classics out there every year

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
a 200 I6 isnt really worth awhole lot anyway...look at how many they produced, not a rare car by any means. do what makes you or the wife happy, theres a 6cyl 65-66 sitting over by my house for sale awhile...pretty car, very clean but he want 7500 for it...I cant think of anyone who is willing to pay 7500 for a 6cyl so im sure it will be a lawn ornament for awhile.

hell fast64 put a FI blown 302/T5 in a 64.5 :p:

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it's home and tucked away in the garage.

I had some old NH plates, (expired in Apr '04) that I threw on so I could take it to the carwash after dragging it home from Bangor ME.

Boy is this thing a blast to drive. It takes a few minutes to get used to the steering.

Pretty much it's ready to go for an around the town car. Needs some new bushings - but everything else is in excellent condition considering it's 40yrs old.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bane- said:
a 200 I6 isnt really worth awhole lot anyway...look at how many they produced, not a rare car by any means. do what makes you or the wife happy, theres a 6cyl 65-66 sitting over by my house for sale awhile...pretty car, very clean but he want 7500 for it...I cant think of anyone who is willing to pay 7500 for a 6cyl so im sure it will be a lawn ornament for awhile.

hell fast64 put a FI blown 302/T5 in a 64.5 :p:

This one was purchased new in 1965, and was kept in the family for 15 years. Handed down to all the kids as they attended UCLA. After the last one graduated, it was garaged until 2003.

A rich yuppie in Massachusetts went to an Auto broker and asked him to find a mint california Mustang with matching numbers that had not been modified, wrecked, or rusted.

What he found was this original '65.

I now have the original title, and plates from the 60's. The body has never been wrecked, bondo'd or repaired. There seems to be a few minor rust spots (but if you can see them through the paint, are they really minor?) and almost completely original.

The radio has been swapped with a modern 'retro' digital mustang radio. It has been repainted, and the seats have been recovered. I'm willing to bet the carpet has been replaced. The engine has been rebuilt with the valve seats hardened so it can run modern Unleaded.

Other than that, you can look into the trunk, under the body panels, the shock towers, etc.. this thing is in unbelievable condition for it's age.

Having the documented history, original title, original plates is awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts