Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever spliced in an iPod cable to the factory stero system on an 05-09? To my knowledge mine does not have any audio input jacks anywhere and I really want to keep the stock radio but just be able to use an iPod with it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have u checked in the box between the seat for a inline Jack gt has one
I believe I did a while ago but I'll check again. I don't think mine has one. I also think that some had the audio jacks and some did not for whatever reason.

·
Registered
130 Posts
iSimple makes a nice interface. If you're inclined to splice or tap the oem harness yourself, here you go:

Radio 12V red/white + radio, 24 pin plug, pin 1

Radio Ground black/orange - radio, 24 pin plug, pin 13

Radio Ignition (CAN data bus)

Radio Illumination N/A

Factory Amp Turn-on dk. green/purple (F), gray/black (R) + radio, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Power Antenna N/A

Left Front Speaker (+/-) orange/lt. green - lt. blue/white +,- radio, 24 pin plug, pins 8 and 21

Right Front Speaker (+/-) white/lt. green - dk. green/orange +,- radio, 24 pin plug, pins 11 and 12

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- radio, 24 pin plug, pins 9 and 22

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) orange/red - brown/pink +,- radio, 24 pin plug, pins 10 and 23

Center Channel (+/-) N/A

Subwoofer (+/-) brn/org - red/blk (F), pink/lt. grn - org/red (R) +,- radio, 8 pin plug, pins 1 and 2 (F), 5 and 6 (R)

Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-) lt. green/black - dk. green/white +,- radio, 16 pin plug, pins 7 and 8

Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-) red/black - red/white +,- radio, 16 pin plug, pins 6 and 14

RSE Video (+/-) N/A

RSE Audio Left (+/-) red/white - white/black (satellite audio) +,- radio, 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 2

RSE Audio Right (+/-) orange/black - pink/black (satellite audio) +,- radio, 16 pin plug, pins 9 and 10

Satellite Radio 12 Volts red/white + satellite radio receiver in passenger side trunk

Satellite Radio Ground black/orange - satellite radio receiver in passenger side trunk

Satellite Radio Ignition (CAN data bus)

Satellite Radio Antenna (coaxial cable)

Satellite Audio Left (+/-) red - white +,- satellite radio receiver in passenger side trunk

Satellite Audio Right (+/-) orange - pink +,- satellite radio receiver in passenger side trunk

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would still opt for an add-on iPod adapter, but, if you will wire it into the radio's aux capabilities....as a long time car audio installer, i would say to go to radio shack or best buy, and pick up a headphone (3.5mm) to RCA cable, about 6 ft long. Snip the rca ends off of it, then solder them into the corresponding radio wiring, run it under the console and bring it out throught the blank plate in the armrest pocket. Wire taps are def not the answer here. Or ever.

Also, your schematic is correct. What I gave you is the actual wire colors, making it easier for you to find the wires, either behind the radio, or where they may possibly be, under the center console near the blank inside the pocket.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
IMO the best way to go is a simple aftermarket radio w/auxiliary or USB

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quite possibly the best solution....we have a Kenwood for 99.00 with an iOS capable USB on the front, also has a 3.5mm (headphone jack style) aux input lol.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
^^^ that sounds like a win to me

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
silvrskoundrel said:
I realize this. But I'd really like to keep everything looking stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
the only easy and nice way to do it is buy a headunit i have an 07 so i have the aux thing but then i installed a new headunit where you plug your ipod directly to the headunit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts