Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Choice 1: '01 Cobra IRS, 72k miles, bearings replaced, 4.10 gears, newish tlok, dynomax catback, eibach prokit springs, cobra brakes, extra halfshaft that can be fixed for ~150 if I want. 100$ labor max for my share.

or

Choice 2: '01 Cobra IRS, 16k miles, 4.10 gears, bilstein shocks, steeda sport springs, unknown exhaust as of now. 100-250$ labor for my share.

or

Choice 3: Shut up Austin and just keep your damned live axle 8.8 and be happy.

*note*: I already have 200$ worth of upgrades (brace, bushings, IRS bushings) from when another guy ditched me to bolt on during the swap.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
#3 #3 #3 #3

unless you are a diehard Autocross fan. But even that with all the suspension mods available minus IRS you have more than a capable car

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
#2. youll be able to sell the IRS for more money when/if you decide to part your car out. plus bilstein owns. and with decent bushings and shocks, IRS isnt half bad

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I thought briefly about doing that with my GT. Ashetep wanted to swap for a live axle 8.8 because he likes to drag race, apparently he doesn't feel that the IRS holds up well on the drag strip, I could care less, I like a good handling car, and I don't see myself ever doing much if any drag racing, it was only going to cost me some labor, but my disposable income is limited, and he didnt' know how much it would cost me, so I backed out. :headbang: :headbang: :oops:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
www.stlmustangs.com

ask for "snkpwr". it's in st. louis, but it has new springs and new exhaust catback, he'll trade you straight up probably. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
St. Louis is a long way from Burlington, NC, would entitle a lot of down time and heavy shipping costs or a lot of driving, one or the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts