Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 24 year old male looking for a good strong car and one that's quick on the go, is the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 good reliable car and how well is it.. is it possible for me to get an Automatic

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should also consider that such a car may be expensive to insure. Check your insurance rates before buying one, for example here - carquotes.sinfree.net

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes the 08 Mustang Shelby GT500 is a fantastic car, but I also agree that an older rousch, cobra, or saleen mustang that is modified would be equal or higher horsepower, and would cost about half the price. You also might consider the 2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS, 2009 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. If you are chasing horsepower, then get the shelby or the corvette z06. If you want speed with high reliability, get the charger or the 300c. Also, look at the cadillac STS or STS-V series, as these have great horsepower and great luxury.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If u want a true muscle car and have some mechanical know how.Why not just go out and buy a original muscle car from the 70's the horse power years and build your own Hot Rod . It may take some time and cash but the end product will be your very own creation ,Don't say know just do it and forget about these want a B cars of today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It depends on the price of car on whether or not it's worth buying. So nobody can answer the question since that information is not present. And you cannot get the GT500 in an automatic (from the factory). If you can't drive stick you have no business driving this car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sure is a great name but compare its HP rating to other cars making the same amount of power and I think you will find that its quite a bit slower then those cars.

I'd look into a less bloated car... CTS-V maybe. Or a G8 GXP, the Camaro and all the Dodge/Crysler products are just as bad on weight to HP.

If you really want a ford get an 03/04 Cobra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts