Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Hawaii and this island is very small. there is a cheap 99 mustang for sale but has 180k miles on it. is it even worth getting or is it useless at this point? it's just to get back and forth from work. thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well the 1999 Mustang has either a V6 or a V8, the bigger engines are capable of more miles compared to a smaller engine, if the car has been looked after and is pretty cheap then it might be, but buy with caution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mustangs, I would avoid.

With any car, it depends on what kind of car and if the owner took care care of it.

Hondas/ Toyotas 180k wouldn't be a problem. American brands I would skip that are over 100k if you're looking for reliability.

Currently driving a bmw 5er with 170k miles on it. The previous owner was a doctor who did ALL + more maint on it. Expecting this to go on till 250k, assuming I will keep with up all the maintenance as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No absolutely not. I say not simply because its an older car and its american. If it were a European car then i would say consider it but an old mustang will require a lot of time and money to replace parts and problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A 99 Mustang with 180 K miles on it was probably " rode hard and put away wet".
Depends how much they want for it.
250.00 would be about right.
Is there a lemon law in Hawaii?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts