Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some cash to play with but i am not sure wich is the safest system to run. I dont want to go any high than a 75shot. I like the idea that the purple box mixes the gases together first then hits the engine, also their is no buttons to push. Has anyone seen a v6 run with this system?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
look into NX or nitrous works. both are wet kits and both mix the fuel and nitrous before fogging into your engine.

see my sticky at the top of the page

·
Registered
47 Posts
i ran a zex on a 2001 v6. easy to install, dramatic difference. 55 shot leave the timing but a 65 shot needs 2 deg ****** on timing and 75 shot needs 4 deg ******. You get a chip burned by fordchip.com and he can set u up. the zex kit is about 550.00 and the chip is about 250.00 don't run the 65 or 75 shot with out timing ****** or you will hurt your pistons. spend the $ on the chip. a blown motor sucks and for an extra 250.00 the chip is insurance and a lot less than a rebuild. Have fun. i installed mine in about 2 hrs. dont spray under 2000 rpms. roll into the throtle, when you near 2000rpm floor it and the boost is loose! Have fun! I sold the zex for a 11lb super charger i do 14.2 on a mellow tune in my v6 :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot I will be sure to get the chip I am not sure what are the best spark plugs to use i have plat. plus now but i know that is too hot of a spark to use nitrous. any suguestion on the plugs to use would be helpful.
:headbang:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
autolite 764 plugs. they have to be copper, so dont try let the guy sell you platinum ones

·
Registered
10 Posts
or a nice set of ngk iridium tiped plugs would be nice, make sure you get a colder set of plugs and a window switch and ****** that timing, you surely dont want to blow anything up :headbang:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Dont waste your money on Iridium plugs they are not worth the money
word... only ricers and idiots get those fancy plugs. i'd rather spend the extra money on a 1$ chicken sandwich at mcdonalds.

zex just isn't as good as NX and NOS, period. :headbang:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have zex. i put a 55 shot on my 96 4r70w and dropped from a 16.4 to a 15.2 :headbang: easy and clean install too. it was a dry kit though. if you do get one get wet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you HAVE to change all of that stuff? Or is that just for a wet kit?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you dont HAVE to do it... its just safer for your car and HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY reccommended by anyone thatd tell you about nitrous

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dude, ZEX kit in a 2000 auto, Big difference! Go Cold Copper Plugs..any cheapo'll do the trick! Unfortunately I already sold my kit to some kid on ebay for $400! I never had a purge kit but make sure ya get one....they're handy! Also grab a wet kit...yur not a ricer ...we all enjoy our MAF....so dnt go dry! ZEX is a really easy simple and big bang for the buck brand....NX is also grand! Also expect to be running 93 - 94 octane from the local gas station along with that Nitrous Kit! It can be Pricey....but the cheapest way to Blow some major power through these 232's...Keep in mind of the Deg. of retardation required when fogging anything more than a 55 Shot! Later Guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am thinking of adding a kit to my car...Would it be possible and easy to just take the bottle out when I dont plan on running the car at the track for a while?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts