Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2003 mustang gt on craigslist with a salvage titile there asking 3 grand and its got 50000 miles on it wich is low for age. They say it has a 90 day warranty and they are selling multipule cars with salvage titles. I saw 4 adds from the same place. They "garantee" it will pass inspection. Any help, thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check around to see what other cars in the same condition are selling for. An easy way to do this would be to use a site like www.CraigNation.com to search all of craigslist with one simple search nationwide to find the exact item you're looking to buy. This way you are bound to find multiple people selling a similar product and you can see what they are selling it for.

Also remember that most people on craigslist put a higher price on an item because they are willing to let you haggle the price down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's cheap, even for a salvage. Have your mechanic check it out before purchasing it. Also make sure those miles are right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is a bad idea to buy anything with a salvage title. It is a good idea to get it checked by a mechanic, but even then, a mechanic can't find all the problems in a car. With a salvage title, the car has been severely damaged and may not be safe to drive, its simply not worth the risk. I would recommend spending more money to get a clean title one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The worst part is that when you go to sell it , eventually, you will get virtually nothing for it. If it is in good shape (fixed right) and you will drive it for years until it is ready for the dump, then go ahead. If there is any question about how it has been fixed, or if you see yourself getting tired of it in a couple years or want to trade for something to haul the kids, or to get better gas milage, then pass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
here's a good idea..

take the same $3,000 & give it to charity

a "salvage" title means the car is in a JUNK-YARD

this means the car is wrecked & missing pieces !!

....who's inspection?.....a blind 80-year old guy?......this car will NEVER pass a state-inspection !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts