Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can hardly drive it sometimes cause I go through so much pain after driving it. The shift pedal just feels so stiff. I've asked a mechanic before and he said that's a common complaint for my car. Its 2006 mustang gt

·
Registered
532 Posts
No its not normal. However you May want to move the seat closer to the pedals. You May also want to.consider lower body exercises to build strength.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've had three of these cars (2- 05, 1- 07)and one had a stiff clutch... It was that way when I bought it used. Replaced the clutch, throw out bearing, pressure plate and had the flywheel turned, but it didn't help. I think there must have been something funny with either the clutch master cylinder or hydraulic line... I never resolved it..

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
No its not normal. However you May want to move the seat closer to the pedals. You May also want to.consider lower body exercises to build strength.
Yeah I wouldn't think it is normal. Lower body exercises will help. Focus on the back, Abdominals, and legs even the glutes. That should help.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My last mustang was a 98 gt with a five speed it felt like they used garage door springs for the clutch it was so hard to push down it was one of the reasons I got rid of it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
bluestorm52 said:
Can hardly drive it sometimes cause I go through so much pain after driving it. The shift pedal just feels so stiff. I've asked a mechanic before and he said that's a common complaint for my car. Its 2006 mustang gt
Your 06 should have a hydraulic clutch I think. Be glad it's not a cable. If its really bad there may be a issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DDTCM said:
How old are you?
I'm 26, and I know alot of people advise to work out my lower body but I already do. I hit the gym almost everyday. When I do squats I put on 315 to work out with. Everyone I've ask act like this is a bizzare problem. I'm starting to think there's just some freak problem with my clutch that's no ones ever dealt with before. I've had manual transmission cars before with absolutely no problem at all.

·
Registered
565 Posts
They can't be adjusted, just bled... Like I stated above, I'm betting there is something wrong with either the master or the hydraulic line has a restriction or a kink... The new Mustangs have very light clutches compared to the other generations..

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Sounds kinda odd for a 2006. Aftermarket clutch? I test drove a Termi that was setup for racing and the clutch was super stiff like you are describing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My clutch is also stiff. Been that way since I bought it at 10k. Thinking about dropping the trans and putting another clutch I have for it In it. Got the clutch, slave, pressure plate and fly for her. Hopefully it resolves this issue. Other than my throw out bearing/slave being gone. Buddy's 06 and another's 08 are smooth as butter so wtf 0.0

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I'm 26, and I know alot of people advise to work out my lower body but I already do. I hit the gym almost everyday. When I do squats I put on 315 to work out with. Everyone I've ask act like this is a bizzare problem. I'm starting to think there's just some freak problem with my clutch that's no ones ever dealt with before. I've had manual transmission cars before with absolutely no problem at all.
Yeah that shouldn't be problem dang. Yeah it sounds like something isn't right.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I saw a lot of the replies here and I would also say try adjusting your seat, but also get a friend or someone near to sit and try it out and tell you if they think your Clutch is stiff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts